Changes in the starting lineup:

Out                   In

Kulikov             Scandella

Franson            Beaulieu

Gorges             Antipin

Gionta              Pominville

Nilsson             Ullmark/(Johnson?)

Foligno             ??? (Fasching?)

Ennis                ??? (Bailey/Baptiste/Nylander?)

Carrier              ???

I think there's some room in there for someone like King.  He'd be a complimentary piece to replace the physical side of Foligno's game.

stop. Shattenkirk ain't happening.

...but if it did...

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

One neat point on a MN message board...  Foligno's qualifying offer extended was $2.5M. I wonder in a daydreamy way if they spin him elsewhere... maybe Columbus.

That might be the only other team he'd be appropriate for (besides Buffalo).

Edited by Doohickie

So in effect we traded:

Veteran Pominville + Sekera + Grigorenko + Ennis + Foligno ==> More Veteraner Pominville + Scandella + O'Reilly + Larsson + Karabacek + (the rights to Vesey lost)

Also... 4/12/2013's forward lineup for your enlightenment...  Our centers are better now.

Ott - Hodgson - Pominville

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Adam - Porter - Flynn

Gerbe - Hecht - Kaleta

Those bottom two lines make my eyes burn.

Hang on Liger of the shadows. I'm working on it.

liger.png

:w00t:

Edited by Doohickie

I can't believe we got him back without including Jack and Sam. This is absolute robbery.

I've been looking for a good quote for my siggy since we canned DDB.  This is it.  :w00t:

Welcome back from the Glass Case, sir.

JBOT and Pomer were teammates in Roch for two seasons.

So there's a bromance angle too, eh?

well its 04.20 am, I always wanted Pommer back, and believed it could happen.  Mainly because Minnesota is in a cap crunch.

that is a 50 point RW that makes our top 6 better, to bad about Foligno, but I think he'll be back someday as well.

Another thing about Pommer, I think he had to waive his nmc to come here, this guy is a buffalo boy again.

Scandella isn't the high offense D I want coming back, but hey Shattenkirk looks good next to him no ?

As for Ennis I hope he can get his career back on track.

I know some of us didn't want Pommer coming back, giving up Ennis makes it cool I guess.

But I still wouldn't mind Vanek back, he would make this team better at LW.

And to be honest if anyone can Center those two guys, its really Reinhart.

Shattenkirk doesn't happen without moving Bogo now.

Scandella - Risto

McCabe - bogo

Beau - Antipin.

Pominville, a right wing, scored 47 points (13 goals, 34 assists) in 78 games this season, with 40 of the points coming at even strength. That's the same even-strength point total as forwards Phil Kessel(Pittsburgh Penguins), Mitchell Marner (Toronto Maple Leafs) and Sean Monahan (Calgary Flames); each is a top-50 fantasy asset, according to NHL.com.

why i wanted him back to.

Kane-Reinhart-Pominville   

Suddenly I like our Defence

I'm still drunk, better go to bed and let this sink in :D

Edited by Huckleberry

Man, am I looking forward to next season. I had forgotten how much I enjoy offensive zone faceoffs after watching us finally gain the zone only to see Pominville shoot it right at the goalie's chest from the top of the right circle.

:devil:

When was the last time we had a trade so universally praised? We love it, it's getting favorable national coverage, and Wild fans hate it.

Almost every trade that the Sabres have made over the years is praised on this board. It's just human nature. Go back and look them up and you will find unbridled optimism on the trades. Even Kulikov for Pysyk was praised. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.