Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Seriously, a kid should be able to do a pull-up.

Done.  Next time you and your love come to town, please let me know.  You'll love this place.  The fancy cocktails suck, but the charcuterie and other meats make up for it.

I couldn't do a pull up in high school. 

I now way 220 pounds with 2% body fat.

I weighed 140 pounds my senior year, and thus could rip off any amount of pull ups. My 200 pound friends who had these ridiculous athlete bodies couldn't do half as many, because they were 200 pound 18 year olds. They'd crush me in any sport we played. 

Casey spent all of his time becoming one of the best hockey players his age in the entire world. I'll give him a pass that he can't pull his body up to the strict standard that constitutes a combine pull up after maxing out on the VO2 bike and whatever else they have to do before. 

He's going to get world class training and diet-watching. This is the last thing in the world we need to worry about.

We drafted a helluva hockey player.

Well, we'll be in good shape if the NHL flips back to allowing offense again.

Could someone who doesn't like the pick explain his/her specific reasons? And if one of your reasons was that you wanted Liljegren, is your thinking affected by the fact that he fell to #17?

Done. Next time you and your love come to town, please let me know. You'll love this place. The fancy cocktails suck, but the charcuterie and other meats make up for it.

Good charcuterie? The heart attack will be worth it.

Well, we'll be in good shape if the NHL flips back to allowing offense again.

Could someone who doesn't like the pick explain his/her specific reasons? And if one of your reasons was that you wanted Liljegren, is your thinking affected by the fact that he fell to #17?

I have given my reasons, but I will repeat:

--No pull-ups

--NCAA.

So who will be the one to take the complaining one step further and demand that we get compensation when he leaves in four years? I'm amazed how much stupid is out there when you go looking. Fortunately only a small amount of it has found its way here. I for one can't wait until the death of this "do t draft college players" crap occurs.

So who will be the one to take the complaining one step further and demand that we get compensation when he leaves in four years? I'm amazed how much stupid is out there when you go looking. Fortunately only a small amount of it has found its way here. I for one can't wait until the death of this "do t draft college players" crap occurs.

You know I'm on that train, and I'm not getting off of it any time soon.

But my main problem with this pick is fitness.

You were joking in a goofy teenage-girls-up-too-late-at-a-slumber-party way, though, innit?

Not at all.  I'm too old for teenage girls.  I now date young women in their early 20s.

After losing Eichel, Miller, & your favorite center that way is it any surprise that fans are cautious. :p

...except Tippett is and always will be a lousy hockey player, and Mittelstadt will be one of the headliners on the US Olympic team his whole career.

He looks like a fine young player. Gonna be a while before we see him though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.