2017 NHL Draft -- Sabres Thread

Thorny

Well ik one of those is 5'9" but two later guys without size doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying it matters, but clearly it's skewing smaller and size isn't a big factor, apparently, for Bottz.

Except for in net.

We followed the Pittsburgh model to a "T"

Most skilled player at the top, surrounded by wingers with speed and determination, and defencemen who can skate and move the puck - emphasis on Europe and College where they will have time to mature as people and players.

Not sure why people are disappointed and no one should be surprised.

We followed the Pittsburgh model to a "T"

Most skilled player at the top, surrounded by wingers with speed and determination, and defencemen who can skate and move the puck - emphasis on Europe and College where they will have time to mature as people and players.

Not sure why people are disappointed and no one should be surprised.

I had concerns that GMJB would want smaller players based on his success with them in Pittsburgh. I'll wait and see what happens before I pass judgement but looks like after several years of ridding the roster of smaller players they restocked.

Many of the Sabres picks have similar traits.  Aggressive, play with speed, puck movers.

I'm liking it.

Also Botterill was big on drafting college hockey players in Pittsburgh and followed suit this year, drafting 3 college hockey players out of 6 picks.

This is opposite Murray, who went more the juniors and international route, only taking 2 college hockey players (not including Jack Eichel) out of the 16 picks he's had over the two previous drafts.

So why am I pissed about this draft; it's simple really, another year, full of good D prospects, and we got none of them. Again!.

Instead we got 2 D prospects who you can already project are unlikely to make the NHL.

So now in the last 4 drafts we have invested 1 pick on a D in the 1st 2 rounds and that is Guhle. Guess what, we have only one truly legit NHL prospect on D and it's Guhle.

So now after this draft our prospect pool of legit NHL prospects looks like this

F: Mittelstaft, Nylander, Davidsson, Asplund, Pu, Bailey, Baptiste and Fasching

D: Guhle

G: Luukkonen

Noticing a problem?

Add Borgen to the Defense List

He took a step back last season and Buffalo told him to go back to school. This is the same trajectory as Florentino, who started off great as a freshman, never progressed and eventually was signed to a AHL contract.

Edited by GASabresFan

He took a step back last season and Buffalo told him to go back to school. This is the same trajectory as Florentino, who started off great as a freshman, never progressed and eventually was signed to a AHL contract.

Per Kris Baker it was his decision, not Buffalo's to go back. They wanted him to sign

Is that for real?  Looks like a proper distribution.

Ya I mean it fits to a "T" if slotting them into a proper line-up. Seems like good balance to me for sure.

If you want a team with high skill on offense, but no defense and a goalie that gets shelled every night. Oh wait, this draft mirrors our NHL team. You know, the one that just finished with the 5th worst record in the NHL.

If you want a team with high skill on offense, but no defense and a goalie that gets shelled every night. Oh wait, this draft mirrors our NHL team. You know, the one that just finished with the 5th worst record in the NHL.

Liger was right.  You need a hug.

Ask Liger.  I'm not a hugger.  :P

Important Reminder: Literally everything you, and everyone else on the board (with the exception of Brawndo), knows about these players is from Google.  The teams know infinitely more from spending years watching them, and even for them it's guesswork.  A re-draft next year would look completely different, and another re-draft a year later would look different from that.

Maybe relax and hope for the best.

I more meant positionally.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.