2017 NHL Draft -- Sabres Thread

Thorny

Sekera in 2004 was the last D we drafted in the 3rd to play a top 4 role with the Sabres. Doesn't matter, Jbot, aka TM jr is drafting another forward.

Do you need a hug? Come to Athens and I will give you a hug... and a beer. 

All joking aside I am a little disappointed that we haven't done more to fix the defense now or in the future. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Kevin Devine - the one consistent factor. This draft has been painful to watch.

Does anyone have Laaksonen ranked in the top 500?

Elite prospects puts out a list of about 600, neither of Laaksonen and Brinson  made it, but they are bad at overagers (Brinson is overage)

Edited by rakish

How anyone can feel so strongly at this point, and not 3 years down the road, astounds me. 

100%. Some here have invested too heavily in plotting a course for this team and when it doesn't align with their order it becomes a whine fest. Come back in three or four years and pass judgement.

Edited by bunomatic

How anyone can feel so strongly at this point, and not 3 years down the road, astounds me. 

It's actually amazing.  It's been universally acknowledged for months that this wasn't a very strong draft and now people are freaking out because we didn't take the players that we were supposed to take based on the rankings.  

Our first three picks all seem like good value and then we started swinging for the fences and going off the board starting in the late 3rd round.  I would have preferred Farrance but I'm fine with going high-risk that late in the draft.  You never know.

Plus I'm still expecting GMJB to make a move that re-shapes our roster in a significant way this summer.  It's not all on the draft to fix things.

It's actually amazing.  It's been universally acknowledged for months that this wasn't a very strong draft and now people are freaking out because we didn't take the players that we were supposed to take based on the rankings.  

Our first three picks all seem like good value and then we started swinging for the fences and going off the board starting in the late 3rd round.  I would have preferred Farrance but I'm fine with going high-risk that late in the draft.  You never know.

Plus I'm still expecting GMJB to make a move that re-shapes our roster in a significant way this summer.  It's not all on the draft to fix things.

There is a difference between swinging for the fences and taking guys that were so far off the radar no one has even heard of them.

There is a difference between swinging for the fences and taking guys that were so far off the radar no one has even heard of them.

And the guys who everyone has heard of are still barely more likely to be NHL players than you or I. We're talking about the 3rd round of the NHL draft. I know drafting's important, but we're talking about the 3rd round. Not the 1st round. Not the 2nd round. We're talkin about round 3, man.

And the guys who everyone has heard of are still barely more likely to be NHL players than you or I. We're talking about the 3rd round of the NHL draft. I know drafting's important, but we're talking about the 3rd round. Not the 1st round. Not the 2nd round. We're talkin about round 3, man.

How the hell am I supposed to make my teammates better by drafting in the 3rd round? /Iverson

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.