Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Watching the Toronto Media And Leafs Twitter implode is quite enjoyable over the past few weeks.

Yes I realize they are going to qualify for the playoffs for the second year in a row, but I’m still going to enjoy the implosion

I've seen that too. They're calling for the heads of everyone outside of FO, Babcock, Matthews, Anderson, and Nylander

People always talk about the center of the hockey universe and it's allure...well, here you go

I've seen that too. They're calling for the heads of everyone outside of FO, Babcock, Matthews, Anderson, and Nylander

People always talk about the center of the hockey universe and it's allure...well, here you go

Oh they are starting on Babs for his player usage as well, despite the fact he is one of the best minds in hockey. Love it!

Oh they are starting on Babs for his player usage as well, despite the fact he is one of the best minds in hockey. Love it!

Wouldn't it be rich if they fired him and the Sabres let Housley go and brought on Babcock... those games would be really entertaining.

Or maybe Babcock really isn't that great?  It's possible.  While the media can blast him and everyone else the fact remains that the Leafs are struggling right now.  Andersen called out his team last night.  There are issues up North.

The joke is just the absurdity of the saying. There's no analysis needed on it

There are a billion absurd things people might say to capture an absurd thought when it's needed for a flourish, hyperbole, etc.

I find it curious that so many of those expressions are derived from, focused on certain actions by certain people. 

I think some analysis of the matter is very much needed. 

Jesus it's a freaking joke. If you don't like it oh well

It's 100% unnecessary.

Your absurdity could have been better stated using a different reference.

I'm not so sure. I still haven't figured out how you suck a bag of , and now I have to ponder chugging? Chugging? As in milk? Beer?

Enjoy

Chug is just one of those trigger words, like moist.

Watching highlights during the Pens Kings intermission. The shootout is embarrassing and needs to go. Games need to end in ties. Sorry, casual fan who doesn't actually exist....

Agreed, and the bold point is important.

There are a billion absurd things people might say to capture an absurd thought when it's needed for a flourish, hyperbole, etc.

I find it curious that so many of those expressions are derived from, focused on certain actions by certain people. 

I think some analysis of the matter is very much needed. 

It is interesting.  Is the attempted joke rooted in Lamiorello's hypothetical homosexuality?  Or sluttiness?  Or both?

And what does it reveal of the perpetrator of the attempted joke?

I'm not so sure. I still haven't figured out how you suck a bag of ######, and now I have to ponder chugging? Chugging? As in milk? Beer?

It is interesting.  Is the attempted joke rooted in Lamiorello's hypothetical homosexuality?  Or sluttiness?  Or both?

I think it is both, but Lamoirello being a fa.g is the principal predicate. Then him being a promiscuous fa.g is meant to make it even lulzier. 

I think that's it, anyway.

Seeing PA's thoughts, I somewhat reluctantly post this clip of a brilliant bit that (now disgraced) CK did on the insult of "hey - suck a bag of d1cks!" Just a terrific deconstruction of the insult itself.

Food for thought (?): Hearing CK drop a "c0cksucker" and the other stuff at the end of that bit prompted me to reflect.

Is the insult associated with sucking d1cks something that isn't specific to men or women, or sexual orientation, but is based just on the ... act of doing it? That it's something that, like, NO ONE really likes to do? That it's a pain and chore to do it?

I'm asking.

I think it is both, but Lamoirello being a fa.g is the principal predicate. Then him being a promiscuous fa.g is meant to make it even lulzier. 

Seeing PA's thoughts, I somewhat reluctantly post this clip of a brilliant bit that (now disgraced) CK did on the insult of "hey - suck a bag of d1cks!" Just a terrific deconstruction of the insult itself.

Food for thought (?): Hearing CK drop a "c0cksucker" and the other stuff at the end of that bit prompted me to reflect.

Is the insult associated with sucking d1cks something that isn't specific to men or women, or sexual orientation, but is based just on the ... act of doing it? That it's something that, like, NO ONE really likes to do? That it's a pain and chore to do it?

I'm asking.

It has to be rooted in implying the target of the insult is one of The Gays, and therefore bad/evil/stupid. See also, the person flinging the insult is homophobic. Your point at the end is critical; I don't think I've seen a woman called a xxxxsucker, if she was by a male, I'd think there'd be a fair bit of reverence in there too.

EDIT: Perhaps an experiment is in order. Sometime today, men, call your SO a xxxsucker and report back if you still have a SO afterwards.

Edited by MattiPaj

Agreed, and the bold point is important.

That I'm a big, giant homophobe obviously

It has to be rooted in implying the target of the insult is one of The Gays, and therefore bad/evil/stupid. See also, the person flinging the insult is homophobic. Your point at the end is critical; I don't think I've seen a woman called a xxxxsucker, if she was by a male, I'd think there'd be a fair bit of reverence in there too.

EDIT: Perhaps an experiment is in order. Sometime today, men, call your SO a xxxsucker and report back if you still have a SO afterwards.

Yeah the line is stolen from a reddit post where a guy calls his ex (female) that and the absurdity of it was laughed at. Guess I'm the only one to ever make a similar joke on here like that, so I must be a homophobe.

I'm just talking about this one for now. If and when the "other similar jokes on here" catch my attention, I may talk about those as well.

I'm asking.

Here you go

It has nothing to do with any insinuation that Lou is a "f.a.g"

It has nothing to do with how "slutty" Lou is

It has nothing to do with men/women liking or not liking to blow someone. Plenty of people like it. Good for them (and us I guess)

It is, again, like I've said, just an absurd statement. It has no deep rooted connotations or some hidden meaning. This isn't Catcher in the Rye. The fact that the word 'chugging' is used makes it more absurd. Kinda like a 'bag of d!cks', because both are impossible. There is no such thing as chugging a d!ck, or a bag of them

Can't believe an, albeit what is obviously at this point unapproved of joke on this forum, really needs a deep dive. But here we are. Are we done now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.