Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

Wow, big move for Columbus. Traded 4 years of Saad for 2 years of Panarin. Same cap hit, $6M per year. Panarin will probably be too expensive for either Columbus or Chicago to resign in two years, so this is Cbus going for it now while Chicago plays the long game without ever rebuilding.

Bowman won a cup with Saad.  Must like what he brings that Panarin doesn't.

I feel like now we have to keep him. Only Sabre with a pulse. His twitter is better then the Sabres twitter.

If I'm right, I may suddenly be in favor of signing him long term. Beautiful work :lol:

Agreed. I'd want him back after this :lol:

#mnwild has something cooking. Sounds like Scandella. Wild has been asking for a first-round deal in any package

From Michael Russo

I wonder if it's Boston's First going to Minny

Probably a good assumption. Boston and Minnesota seem to be good trade partners, NYR are freeing up money for Shattenkirk, who they will definitely overpay and who has said he wants to play there...so where, if anywhere, would Kane go for d-help? 

Wasn't Wawrow also hearing that Bylsma's job was completely safe for next year?

Wawrow has zero sources and never scoops anything. He's a straight shooting AP guy. I ignore him during times like this because he's always just tweeting about how he hasn't heard anything like it matters.

Wawrow has zero sources and never scoops anything. He's a straight shooting AP guy. I ignore him during times like this because he's always just tweeting about how he hasn't heard anything like it matters.

Agreed. At least he writes coherent articles though. Can't really say that about the rest of the Buffalo media

Little tidbit...Bowman didn't tell Q he was trading Panarin or Hammer.  Q saw a tweet on phone during coaches meeting pre drft.  He got up left the room jumped in a cab and left the building. 

Little tidbit...Bowman didn't tell Q he was trading Panarin or Hammer.  Q saw a tweet on phone during coaches meeting pre drft.  He got up left the room jumped in a cab and left the building. 

Curious, how do you know that?

It's been reported Bowman and Q really don't like each other. This might be his last season in Chicago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.