Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

“I think they’ve got to address their issues at center ice,” noted NHL Insider Darren Dreger during a Monday afternoon appearance on Toronto’s TSN 1050. “I don’t know that they’ve done that with Jonathan Drouin, although some believe that he may be a centerman. In fact, someone close to him described him as a natural center. But when I asked Bergevin about that, he said, ‘Time will tell.’ So that means they’re going to be patient. They’re just more interested in the scoring threat that he brings period.

“And they need some help on defense. So there’s two pretty big pieces. A centerman and a defenseman. How do you go out and acquire that player. I mean, much of the speculation has been based around Alex Galchenyuk. Those who have expressed interest in Galchenyuk say that Bergevin, in fact, does want multiple pieces. That could explain why that transaction hasn’t happened to this point. But not saying he won’t get it. A lot of things can happen between now and the weekend. Certainly there’s an appetite for that on Friday in the first round on the draft floor in Chicago.

“But there’s a lot of work to be done. Bergevin has done some good things. But he’s got a lot more work to do.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/dreger-bergevin-may-seeking-multiple-pieces-galchenyuk-trade/

He was shitcanned before he could fix it. He knew it was priority #1 this offseason, but he didn't have the chance. Folks forget that he inherited one of the worst all time teams in recent memory... two offseaons wasn't enough to address all the needs... he didn't do anything wrong IMO.

Agree 100%. TM knew what his vision was, and how to acquire it. He wasn't given enough time to let it come to fruition. The only head scratcher was the Pysk trade for me. But, that is why he was a GM with a very keen eye for talent, and the rest of us can sit behind a keyboard and pretend to be.

Absolutely

No. I do not believe Botterill wants him on the team

It is very hard to replace Kane's style of play, and production. There is not one forward on this roster, or player avaliable this year that could.

Montreal protected Benn over Emelin. So many quality D available to the Knights (although expensive D) They left former Sabres Ott, Mitchell and Flynn unprotected.

Colorado left Grigorenko unprotected. Florida left Marchessault un protected and protected Pysyk and Petrovic - stupid

Available D

Ana: Vatanen and Manson

Bos: Colin Miller and McQuaid

Buf; Bogo ;)

Clg; Stone

Chi: TVR

Cbs; Jack Johnson

Dal; Hamhuis

Det; Ouellet

Fla: Kindl

LA; McNabb

Minn: Dumba and Scandella

Mon: Davidson & Emelin

Nsh: Irwin

NJ; Lovejoy & Merrill

NYI: Hickey and DeHaan

NYR: B Smith

Ott; Methot

Pit: Cole & Pouliot

STl: Gunnarsson

Van; Sbisa

Wsh: Schmidt

Wpg: Enstrom

McGinn? I was really upset when they didn't pull him back a few years ago in the offseason.

good point... idk I thought bennett played an extra pro year but I checked and nope

I believe he started in the NHL, and we sent Sam back to Junior. So wouldn't that count? But then he was injured that season also if I rememeber but came back atbthe end od the year. Edited by DirtDart

I believe he started in the NHL, and we sent Sam back to Junior. So wouldn't that count? But then he was injured that season also if I rememeber but came back atbthe end od the year.

Yes Bennett played in Calgary's playoff run. 11 playoff games did it.

Reinhart did not have that and so we luck out.

Edited by LGR4GM

Well, Calgary went to the playoffs........I think I would have preferred that

I wouldn't because it would have probably saved Murray's job and Bylsma's (even though he was not coach yet). Would have given Murray a little more rope and the more I reflect the less upset I am about him being gone.

More from Staple

The Avalanche’s Matt Duchene has been the Isles’ most coveted target, along with Oilers wing Jordan Eberle. The Isles also have been in talks with the Canadiens regarding forward Alex Galchenyuk. All three of those teams are searching for defensemen and the Islanders are believed willing to surrender Travis Hamonic to upgrade their offense.

Edited by BRAWNDO

More from Staple

ADVERTISE HERE

The Avalanche’s Matt Duchene has been the Isles’ most coveted target, along with Oilers wing Jordan Eberle. The Isles also have been in talks with the Canadiens regarding forward Alex Galchenyuk. All three of those teams are searching for defensemen and the Islanders are believed willing to surrender Travis Hamonic to upgrade their offense.

He's really narrowing it down

More from Staple

ADVERTISE HERE

So pretty much the prime 3 offensive players of this off-season. All 3 of them are moving too, it's just a matter of where

I'm sorry: Las Vegas gets to go through an Expansion draft, gets a high 1st round pick THEN gets to negotiate deals NOT to take players and could end up with say 3 1sts and more?

If I am a franchise stuck in the middle of the muck, I am wondering to myself is it better to fold and resurrect as an expansion team and set myself up for better success?

Why not just give Las Vegas more 1st rounders while we are at it

Edited by (E5)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.