Head Coach Thread: What / Whom Do You Want, etc.?

Eleven

Sabre did not contact Rick Tocchet about coaching vacancy, Andrew Peters said one of the twitter guys reported it (Dreger I think)

Sorry, reported what? That we did not contact Tocchet, or that Dreger reported we did and Peters is refuting it

What happens if Botterill wants Tocchet but the Pegulas want Housley?

Well that isn't the case now.

Sorry, reported what? That we did not contact Tocchet, or that Dreger reported we did and Peters is refuting it

It is pretty clear the way I wrote it but:

Andrew Peters read a tweet by Dreger (I think it was Dreger) that the Sabres did not contact Rick Tocchet about the Buffalo Sabres head coaching position. 

Well that isn't the case now.

It is pretty clear the way I wrote it but:

Andrew Peters read a tweet by Dreger (I think it was Dreger) that the Sabres did not contact Rick Tocchet about the Buffalo Sabres head coaching position. 

Wasn't for me but thanks for the clarification 

Dreger is a notch below Friedman, Lebrun and Bobby Mac, but he is eight notches above Button.

Botterill apparently favoured a thorough, professional search over a convenient (so-called) buddy.

As I've said before, I'll judge the hire after I've watched the team play under him for awhile, but I like the way JBot has handled things so far.

(Of course, all that goes out the window if it's Martin)

Edited by dudacek

Good article

Now, I know the Capitals just flamed out in spectacular fashion against Pittsburgh, but hear me out. First off, Reirden has been in charge of Washington’s defense and the Capitals were one of the best playoff teams in terms of shot suppression during the first two rounds – it’s not his fault Ovie didn’t backcheck hard enough on those two Game 7 goals. During the regular season, Washington had the No. 1 defense in the NHL – they were 21st overall when Reirden arrived from Pittsburgh in 2014.

Sure a lot of factors go into that last line, though it is an impressive statement without context

Brushing up on my Housley reading, from wikipedia:

"Housley is the second leading scorer amongst U.S.-born players, with 1,232 points (338–894). He held the record for most points by an American-born NHL player until Mike Modano surpassed it on November 7, 2007. Housley never won the Stanley Cup, coming closest with the Capitals in 1998, where they were swept in the Stanley Cup Finals by the Detroit Red Wings. He played more NHL games without winning the Stanley Cup than any player in NHL history."

Really impressive career, but the bolded jumps out to me as the most Buffalo statistic ever. Hopefully he gets his name on the cup here, if hired.