The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

I'm too lazy to look back through the thread. When is the game again? I might actually be back in town for it. Not that I'd go to the game, but I'll happily meet up at a bar before and after.

I wish the date was in the thread title. If I'm back home, I'm going to try and get there.

We should all wear Tops friendly markets paper bags on our heads.

Nothing shouts implosion to our team more than bags from an imploding grocery store

I'm up for this.  Hell, I might even wear a plastic bag if I have to stay for the whole game.

No need for the bags. Team is actually been playing pretty well of late. Since being blown out to Dallas on January 20th this team has gone 9-7-2. That's a 91 point pace without Eichel for a majority of them and Kane the last three.

How big is the group going to be?  There were a few people who had said they might not make the game but would make something afterward.  I would be concerned that if the group is too big we're gonna be even more squeezed into that area.  

Again, the pregame problem is, what is open?  It's a 1 pm game.  Assuming that we're not meeting at an IHOP, let's go with something very close to the WTFArena.  (In this case, W means "whatever.")

Agree with this. Shortish walk from the arena would be cool.

For Pre-Game?  Pizza Plant if its open.  We can all burn our mouths on a pod.

What about Post game?  I will reach out to someone I know about a venue for a group of 20 or so.  We might be that many.. we might not.

For Pre-Game?  Pizza Plant if its open.  We can all burn our mouths on a pod.

What about Post game?  I will reach out to someone I know about a venue for a group of 20 or so.  We might be that many.. we might not.

I'm fine with Pizza Plant if you think we all can fit.  I love that joint and I get takeout from there nearly every time I take Amtrak (it's two blocks from the station and it definitely beats a hot dog from the train cafe car).  I'm not sure we all can fit, though.

We likely will be 20 or so after the game.

Edited by Eleven

I'm checking on the balcony at Coles right now.  I realized it might be tough to get a spot  on a Saturday afternoon at 4pm.  I'm acquainted with the owner of Coles, Thin Man Brewing, etc.  He suggested Thin Man but my guess was that not everyone in the group wanted to be locked into their beer selections. :)  Coles will have the full range.

Yea... I've no idea how big Pizza Plant is.. I've not been in that location.

It's large enough but it is fractured by half walls, booths, etc.

I'm checking on the balcony at Coles right now.  I realized it might be tough to get a spot  on a Saturday afternoon at 4pm.  I'm acquainted with the owner of Coles, Thin Man Brewing, etc.  He suggested Thin Man but my guess was that not everyone in the group wanted to be locked into their beer selections. :)  Coles will have the full range.

Nice call.

Okay everyone..

We're a go with the balcony at Coles after the game.  It's a bit further than the Gate but since we need to drive from the arena anyway it should be good.

1104 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cole's/@42.9272999,-78.8796017,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d312dbf8e8d615:0x17cfb691edf5f757!8m2!3d42.927296!4d-78.877413

http://colesonelmwood.com/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.