Kovalchuk, and your interest thereof

sabills

Hey, if the price is right and we have space...

I don't think he's interested in Buffalo though. I bet he'd want to stay in Jersey.

I don't think I'd want him but I wouldn't rule out him having us on his list of teams he would go to if he doesn't return to NJ because a lot of Russian forwards idolized Alex Mogilny.

Sign me up for the right price. 2 years 10 million? Give us flexibility to flip Kane in a trade. I know he was younger at the time, but I still remember him dragging a mediocre Devils team to the Final while playing like 26 minutes per game. Would be a terrific trigger man for Jack if Nylander isn't ready.

That said, I doubt he signs anywhere but a contender.

For a 3rd-rounder to NJ and a 2-year contract @ $6MM per year -- yes please.  But NFW would I give up a higher pick or give him a longer term.

This is basically exactly what I envision. Someone who knows more than me would have to say if its feasible, but yeah, this is my dream.

Sign me up for the right price. 2 years 10 million? Give us flexibility to flip Kane in a trade. I know he was younger at the time, but I still remember him dragging a mediocre Devils team to the Final while playing like 26 minutes per game. Would be a terrific trigger man for Jack if Nylander isn't ready.

That said, I doubt he signs anywhere but a contender.

I'd rather have Kane, depending on the money obviously.  If it's somehow a decision between the two, I stick with the guy who's 8 years younger.  The contract's the big if there though.

My guy reaction was can he still play and will be actually play two way hockey? He's 34, scored 32 in the KHL w 46 assists and a + 28. I'm shocked by the numbers.

NJ needs the scoring, but they might have oldest forward group in the NHL. If I were them, I'd sign him, play him and if proves he can play, then trade him for a couple of young forward prospects at the deadline.

Absolutely, however, my understanding is that all 30 GMs (or is it owners?) have to approve his return to the NHL. If you're a team in our division and you hear that Kovalchuk is potentially returning and will be playing against you, why wouldn't you just veto the return?

Absolutely, however, my understanding is that all 30 GMs (or is it owners?) have to approve his return to the NHL. If you're a team in our division and you hear that Kovalchuk is potentially returning and will be playing against you, why wouldn't you just veto the return?

He can still sign w/ NJ and they can trade him. He'd need approval from 30 (31? Not sure if Vegas gets a vote, imafgine they do) to be a free agent. Or he can wait until he turns 35 and be a real free agent. Not gonna happen, that last one.

The thing with Kovalchuk is the rumour he wants to play with his buddy radulov. 

He can only sign with NJ, if he wants another team all other 30 teams need to approve it.

he is basically stuck with NJ unless they trade his rights.

One guy with a proven history of being a flake wants to play with a "buddy" who has an even bigger history of being a flake.  I can't imagine what would scare teams away here.

The thing with Kovalchuk is the rumour he wants to play with his buddy radulov. 

He can only sign with NJ, if he wants another team all other 30 teams need to approve it.

he is basically stuck with NJ unless they trade his rights.

Unless I'm misreading the above, NJ has nothing to lose and everything to gain, right? If some other team wants him, have NJ sign him then trade to that team for whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.