• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

I think, like someone upthread said, I could live with Lombardi as long as he hires a coach thats not "old school" coach. However, I'm pretty sure we're going to get the hockey version of Sean McDermott.

Who is the hockey version of McDermott?

Who fits this bill of experienced, proven, and a character guy? I still think it's Lombardi, even with the Voynov fiasco. If he's ruled out because of that, that rules out anyone from Chicago too

Why? The sexual assault allegations against Kane that resulted in no charges because of an evidence bag hoax? Voynov was charged with a felony, going to be deported, and Lombardi let him practice with the team while suspended by the league. The situations aren't even remotely comparable.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Who is the hockey version of McDermott?

I don't know, just like I didn't know who the hell McDermott was until...hell I still don't know who he is. But loose characteristics:

"Tough" coach

Defensive minded

"Blue collar"

Not flashy or brash, just "gets the job done"

So, you know, Sutter probably.

Why? The sexual assault allegations against Kane that resulted in no charges because of an evidence bag hoax? Voynov was charged with a felony, going to be deported, and Lombardi let him practice with the team while suspended by the league. The situations aren't even remotely comparable.

Kane's been in a lot more trouble than that, if not entirely legally wise. 

Some murmurs and whispers (of which, personally, I believe there is at least some truth), but nothing substantial has come of any of it.

I mean, there's videos of him hammered basically calling a girl a 'Jew' and then tons of witnesses of him basically assaulting her

What did Voynov do anyway?

Per John Shannon

Brief discussion with Luc Robittaille today. Sabres have not asked permission yet to talk to Dean Lombardi.

Good

In another thread 11 (I think it was 11) said ... Keenan.

BOOM!!

Who?