Locker Clean Out Day / Presser

WildCard

Bylmsa just said based on recent conversations he's had with Murray he's the coach going into next season.

This kills the Sabre fan.

Harrington asked if he'd been told he was going to be the coach or if he was just "going forward." DDB said he's talked to Murray in the last little while and "going forward." It was a non answer that leaves a sliver of light and hope for some of you.

Per Harrington: Eichel clearly furious. Said too many guys in the room simply happy to be in the league. Part of the culture that needs change. #Sabres

So, who needs to go?  Who is Eichel talking about?

Brian Gionta. 

Dan said the pp got better after he listened to fan advice about putting Eichel on the half-wall

Our $3m, Stanley Cup winning head coach, needed fan advice to correct an obvious issue. Awesome

This is a joke right? 

I'm going to have to listen to this interview later. Because I'm going to have a tantrum if he was even partially joking. 

Of course he was joking. It was just a nod to the idea that everyone thinks they can coach. Interesting that he knew that sentiment was out there in the fan base, when a coach or player would typically say they don't hear what anyone outside the room is saying.

Of course he was joking. It was just a nod to the idea that everyone thinks they can coach. Interesting that he knew that sentiment was out there in the fan base, when a coach or player would typically say they don't hear what anyone outside the room is saying.

He was joking, but then he changed it to match the fans thoughts? Even if he figured that out himself, the fact that it took that much longer than casual fans to notice it is pathetic 

Per Harrington: Eichel clearly furious. Said too many guys in the room simply happy to be in the league. Part of the culture that needs change. #Sabres

Compare to ROR's low-key, mumbling, indecipherable player-speak. He said he had a terrible season, by the way, and had no problem with too much ice time. He said he'd like to play 60 minutes if he could.

Compare to ROR's low-key, mumbling, indecipherable player-speak. He said he had a terrible season, by the way, and had no problem with too much ice time. He said he'd like to play 60 minutes if he could.

They all say that, doesn't make them right. It's like the dudes with concussions that want to get back on the field

I can think of a bunch. The thing is, they absolutely should just be happy they are in the league, cuz they won't be soon. 

On that note, did we see the most NHL debuts for players this? I can't remember that many in the past.

I think it is safe to say that they will roll out he "injury" excuse...there is no doubt injuries played a part in this year's complete failure but the truth is team's find a way around injuries but we are far beyond blaming only injuries...I have no doubt DB will be back next season and we will be yet again a fringe at best team that has too many players trying to be what they aren't cause that's DB's "system"...LIndy's looking better by the minute! and yes our goaltending was far better then they have been getting credit for...

Edited by Sabre fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.