Alex Nylander called up will make his Sabres Debut vs Toronto

Brawndo

Hopefully the Sabres "braintrust" won't get this kid injured as they attempt the dog and pony show for the few fans that remain in these last few meaningless games.

How would they get him injured?  The insinuation that he's not smart enough to play in the NHL and will put himself in harm's way?  Aren't there more headhunting goons in the AHL than the NHL?

How would they get him injured?  The insinuation that he's not smart enough to play in the NHL and will put himself in harm's way?  Aren't there more headhunting goons in the AHL than the NHL?

There are many young draft choices like Kane and Bogosian who were brought in too early and through inexperience got hurt and developed chronic injuries. It's much faster and more ruthless game in the NHL, you know that right?

At least they didn't pick a game for his NHL debut that has extra pressure or scrutiny...like, oh, I don't know...against his BROTHER.

Rather than scrutiny, maybe he's like most athletes and views this as an exciting opportunity to play against his bro

Rather than scrutiny, maybe he's like most athletes and views this as an exciting opportunity to play against his bro

I am sure that's Alex's perspective. I don't think it really matters though...NHL debut will be exciting enough. Probably could have used him yesterday and then he'd face his brother today. 

And he's going to skate with Rodrigues (sp?) and Foligno.

FFS. I will never get the thinking on this sort of decision.

Yup

Bylsma says brother matchup influenced timing of Nylander callup. Will start with ERod and Foligno. #Sabres

Edited by WildCard

Yup

Bylsma says brother matchup influenced timing of Nylander callup. Will start with ERod and Foligno. #Sabres

Isn't this the kind of gamesmanship that Bylsma wanted no part of? Remember when he wouldn't start Eichel against McDavid? There were other instances of this too (but my mind is fuzzy on them). Why is the Nylander matchup suddenly a thing? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.