Reinhart Dressed and Benched; Late to Meeting

WildCard

I think you could sense frustration in Reinhart's comments --- 

I've spoken with several non-Sabre hockey fans and none can recall a similar benching, and so far, none of this forum can point to any

I don't think this situation sat well with Reinhart, I think he believes it was petty and it brought to the surface more emotions around his misuse on the team

You got the same sense with his comments when DD finally put him back on Eichel's line --- 

LTS in a great post pointed out several.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24812-reinhart-dressed-and-benched-late-to-meeting/?p=929878

PHam says this is mostly Murry's doing.

I almost forgot, Dan sucks and is a stupid moron idiot.

Maybe it's okay for Sam to have a problem with being subservient to a major dingus. 

Well, that gets to the heart of the matter, I suppose.

What's more important? Respecting the chain of command and your role as the proverbial good soldier, or giving sway and ventilation to your own personal feelings of having been treated unfairly?

Sam may not like or much respect the holder of the "office" of head coach (if you'll allow it), but damn it if he isn't bound to respect the position when addressing this sort of thing.

Fwiw, my own teenage kids pull this same sort of crap. They accept responsibility and apologize ... but, not really. Not really. Drives me around a bend.

What's more important? Respecting the chain of command and your role as the proverbial good soldier, or giving sway and ventilation to your own personal feelings of having been treated unfairly?

Sam may not like or much respect the holder of the "office" of head coach (if you'll allow it), but damn it if he isn't bound to respect the position when addressing this sort of thing.

Fwiw, my own teenage kids pull this same sort of crap. They accept responsibility and apologize ... but, not really. Not really. Drives me around a bend.

He is 21, just got knocked out of the playoff race and has played nearly two seasons for an incompetent coach. He is probably just frustrated.

LTS in a great post pointed out several.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24812-reinhart-dressed-and-benched-late-to-meeting/?p=929878

PHam says this is mostly Murry's doing.

I almost forgot, Dan sucks and is a stupid moron idiot.

I saw LTS post, I'm stuck on him being dressed and on bench instead of delaying punishment to Sunday and have him in press box

To me, that's the difference between fair and petty

Edit: And BTW, one of the laziest reporters in the business criticizing a player for not staying AFTER practice, when 80% of the team doesn't is rather lame.  Especially when it's been reported that Reinhart worked his a$$ off the past two off seasons and typically arrives EARLY to practice.  I love when the media sits in judgment of these kids and then "mails it in" when it comes to their jobs.  I listened to the post game interviews with DD and the media lets him off the hook routinely

Edited by Georgia Blizzard

I saw LTS post, I'm stuck on him being dressed and on bench instead of delaying punishment to Sunday and have him in press box

To me, that's the difference between fair and petty

I thought that was because Okposo was sick and they needed a body on the bench.

Isn't that what happens all the time in the NHL? Like...for everything?

As the millennials would say: "Sorry, not sorry". But it applies to pretty much everyone at every age level. I bet you're surrounded by adults who spend time apologizing for things they're actually not sorry for. 

Not for the Sabres, but he did, in part, turn into ROR, which is great.

Oh yeah, i'd make that trade 10/10. I love ROR and think he is a great player and great for the team. That said, of the players in that trade. Zadorov has missed a few games because he was late to meetings. ROR drove drunk and crashed into a building. ROR has made the worse life choices. Worse than Sam too and no-one has questioned his attitude, despite the fact his choices made him a bad person, not a bad teammate.

0 goals 10 points in 56 games, -20. basic stats on a bad team, but that's not encouraging.

From what of seen of their fans opinions, they seem quite happy with him. He is a physical D, not an offensive one. But he is regularly getting 20+ minutes a night - albeit on an awful team.

Isn't that what happens all the time in the NHL? Like...for everything?

As the millennials would say: "Sorry, not sorry". But it applies to pretty much everyone at every age level. I bet you're surrounded by adults who spend time apologizing for things they're actually not sorry for. 

Not if I have anything to say about it.

Honest to God. I'd bet dollars to donuts that, if asked, my kids would all say that taking responsibility and expressing sincere remorse for errors and omissions is "job one," and that it's unacceptable to undermine that process by folding in a bunch of self-serving crap.

SAM REINHART MAY NOT BE FINE.

I also assume that Gionta is only in Dan's corner because he's trying to keep his career alive. I mean, I don't blame the guy, but I could see the young guys clashing with their Captain a bit if he's taking a purely "keep your head down" approach to his coach and GM.

I can't buy the snivelling self-interest card.

Much more likely Gionta is where he is on this because he believes in discipline and rules and accountability, all the more so in his role as captain.

I've defended Murray, Samson is my guy, and I want Bylsma further away from the team than the Ebola virus, but it was Murray's stupid rule and it was Sam who broke it literally the next day. What the hell do you expect Gionta to say and Bylsma to do?

But your the Dad and you make it worse and come off as a royal douche if you do it in front of your kids friends especially for something minor. Do it behind the scenes and again make the punishment fit the crime. Of course your kids are gonna challenge you and I hate when one tells on the other, but its important not to overreact.

He is 21, just got knocked out of the playoff race and has played nearly two seasons for an incompetent coach. He is probably just frustrated.

This.

Honest to God. I'd bet dollars to donuts that, if asked, my kids would all say that taking responsibility and expressing sincere remorse for errors and omissions is "job one," and that it's unacceptable to undermine that process by folding in a bunch of self-serving crap.

You dont have any say in the matter and your wrong... you may find out in 20 years. They may or may not tell it to your face but will avoid you as much as possible. Edited by North Buffalo

But your the Dad and you make it worse and come off as a royal douche if you do it in front of your kids friends especially for something minor. Do it behind the scenes and again make the punishment fit the crime. Of course your kids are gonna challenge you and I hate when one tells on the other, but its important not to overreact..

I wasn't, and am not, trying to equate this Reinhart benching with disciplining your kids. Not at all. They're not comparable, imo.

What I was observing was how pervasive it seems among certain populations (age groups) to evade taking full, unequivocal responsibility for an error. "Yeah, I screwed up, but -- dumb rule, bad application."

I wasn't, and am not, trying to equate this Reinhart benching with disciplining your kids. Not at all. They're not comparable, imo.

What I was observing was how pervasive it seems among certain populations (age groups) to evade taking full, unequivocal responsibility for an error. "Yeah, I screwed up, but -- dumb rule, bad application."

Sorry misunderstood and yeh that should be the response.

And again not a dumb rule just bad application. imo

Which falls on coach to think... so Dan is just going through the motions too?

Edited by North Buffalo

Sam Reinhart is a patriot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.