GDT: Panthers at Sabres 7PM 3-27-17 MSG

spndnchz

He needs to see if he can trade with Franson for his feet.

That would be cruel. I like his heart but man does he do less with more than any other player on the team.

Scratch that, Bogo, definitely Bogo.

Ristolainen is the best defenseman on this team, and he does not make the team worse. 

His usage might make the team worse.

Without an exhausted player that's still pretty bad in his own zone getting 29 minutes against other teams' top lines, we might actually be better off. 

Here's to Risto getting 22 minutes per game in an offensive defenseman role next season while we give a bunch of his tough minutes to Jonas Brodin or someone like it.

Ristolainen is the best defenseman on this team, and he does not make the team worse.

Without an exhausted player that's still pretty bad in his own zone getting 29 minutes against other teams' top lines, we might actually be better off.

Here's to Risto getting 22 minutes per game in an offensive defenseman role next season while we give a bunch of his tough minutes to Jonas Brodin or someone like it.

They have to recognize this, they just have to

Having finished the game, a few thoughts:

Ennis looks like he might still be alive all of a sudden. Please, Vegas, draft him. (They still won't)

The NHL needs to do one of two things: Do something about the officiating -or- Admit that they're going for a down low pro wrestling vibe a la the NBA and NFL. (Seriously, both of those sports are entirely fixed for gambling purposes. My own personal wack-job conspiracy theory. It would break my heart to believe the NHL is the same, but honestly, what reason do I have to think otherwise?)

Jack Eichel is good at hockey.

That is all.

But the rule of thumb among referees is if there is a shot, penalty, prevent the shot give the penalty shot. I know what the rule says I also know how it's usually called.

True. But would you like to see more penalty shots? I sure would.

This isn't helping Goober's imminent termination a-tall. 

We're in danger of solid cover being given to Murray and TPegs. As Swampy likes to point out, the vast majority of fans are not like the folks on this board. They'll say, "Oh, the Sabres finished strong. Things are looking up."

We're in danger of solid cover being given to Murray and TPegs. As Swampy likes to point out, the vast majority of fans are not like the folks on this board. They'll say, "Oh, the Sabres finished strong. Things are looking up."

exit interviews...exit interviews...exit interviews

as i rock back and forth clutching my knees

Poor lad, you do realize DD will be back to start next year? It is the high percentage play for Murray. Especially if DD was more of the owner's choosing than his.

Not really. I would rather penalty shots be awarded when warranted but not as an attempt to artificially inflate offense. Old school I guess.

Here's to hoping.

That, & hopefully somebody points out that giving Ristolainen 28 minutes/game causes him to play like warm spit & Bylsma will INEVITABLY feel compelled to play him at least that much next year again. (Amongst other player misusage. :angry: )

This team WILL sneak into the playoffs next year even w/ Disco Dan. They will promptly go out in 4 or 5 games. That IS NOT good enough. Please do the right thing, Tim Murray, & give Bylsma his walking papers by the time the players are signing sweaters after the Habs game.

Since the lockout, a few. Side note: the Sabres currently have the sixth best power play of any team since the lockout and damn near the best home power play over that span.

I'm off to graduate school this summer, and what you're telling me is that since I completed third grade, only 5 NHL teams have put up a better power play percentage than these Sabres.

It's a shame we don't have enough talent on this team to climb out of the basement in any meaningful fun offensive category, or the standings.

I think Falk is pretty good with the gritty defensive minutes.  He's very physical without being dirty, and rarely takes penalties (tonight notwithstanding).  In the end he may never be more than a depth defenseman, but it looks like he and Fedun are mature depth we can depend on.  Austin shows some potential too, although he's still getting used to the NHL.

So you're saying there's still a chance.

Poor lad, you do realize DD will be back to start next year? It is the high percentage play for Murray. Especially if DD was more of the owner's choosing than his.

Not really. I would rather penalty shots be awarded when warranted but not as an attempt to artificially inflate offense. Old school I guess.

Of course Dan is back. If they get 6 of the remaining 12 available points they finish with 82, one more than last year, a.k.a. improvement. Then throw in Jack's injury at the start of the season and you can argue bad luck cost you the playoffs.

Missed the game; love the result.

You would have hated the third.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.