GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 pm MSG.

Porsche

^

If you want a 2nd pairing for McCabe, then it's a RHD?

Who plays with 55?

The guy to play with 55 isn't here yet, but Kulikov I guess for the rest of the season. I'm thinking down the line, this guy and McCabe form our Seabrook/Hjalmersson second pair. Maybe Guhle exceeds all expectations for slot two, or we draft Liljigren, or trade Nylander + after winning the lotto and taking Hischier! 

But really, all of this said, don't trade Kane haha

Edited by Randall Flagg

Did anyone catch that chart of American-born players they showed? It had the points of young Americans, and Jack was second-last on the list, and there was no mention of the games played by the players. Stupid/misleading chart. Jack's points-per-game is higher than every single one of them, including Auston.

Yeah, I noticed that. Also, what happened to Dylan Larkin?

Yeah, I noticed that. Also, what happened to Dylan Larkin?

He was never that good and never should have went to that all star game, it really upped expectations. Even after his post-draft-year season people were projecting him as a middle six, 40-50, maybe 60 point player when last season began, and then he exploded to start his career. Now he's gone back to his original timeline and everyone wants more.

So we went 0-8-2 against the Bruins, Devils, and Hurricanes. Switch that to 2-6-2 and we sit as the 3 seed in the division, particularly if those 2 wins came against Boston.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his arse when he hopped.  Relax.  The future isnt as bleak as many want to paint it.

Dylan Larkin has 39 points in 98 games since January 1, 2016.

And, for Pi, is a -27

Meanwhile, Sam Reinhart, who is always behind Larkin in the eyes of the media and the internet, has 28 goals and 64 points points in that same span. (Which, by the way, leads the Sabres.)

For reference, Draisaitl has 70 points.

If you want to expand the list of players that have produced at Reinhart (+\- 5 points) levels: Bergeron, Toews, Barkov, Spezza, Hall and Duchene.

So we went 0-8-2 against the Bruins, Devils, and Hurricanes. Switch that to 2-6-2 and we sit as the 3 seed in the division, particularly if those 2 wins came against Boston.

As it stands, we are 4 points behind Boston, both of us with 58 games played.

That is incredibly doable if this team can find consistency.

Our record against the Bruins will bite us after 82.

Leafs too, if we don't win the next two there.

Unfortunately we're 2nd or 3rd last in the east in points percentage, so this bye week might kill those playoff hopes some more if our play this weekend doesn't do that by itself

We have another game against Colorado coming up and 2 against Arizona in the next 6...those should be 3 wins right there...the two worst teams in the NHL...its not out of the question we make a little push...

Being 4 points behind the Bruins with the same number of games played really makes our record against them sting.

Dude, we won the frickin' game.  Enjoy it.  If you want to complain about the team, go into one of the other threads where people bitch and not pollute this thread.

Thank you.

Dude, we won the frickin' game.  Enjoy it.  If you want to complain about the team, go into one of the other threads where people bitch and not pollute this thread.

Thank you.

Relax. GDT aren't just celebrations of wins, they're discussions

Besides, he's right anyways. Those losses hurt us a lot

Love Rodrigues' sharp, accurate passes.

I know it's only been two games but i am loving Rodrigues' game this season. I've seen him a few times in Rochester and his stat sheet isn't anything to throw a parade for, so i was a bit skeptical if he had the talent to even be a successful AHLer, but he's proven me wrong. He's been outstanding. Showing great speed, his passes, his energy, and backchecking. I don't see how he loses a spot in Buffalo this season.

He reminds me of a Brian Flynn, but maybe slightly better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.