GDT - Sabres at New Jersey - February 6, 2017 7:00 PM

Sabres Fan in NS

Start of 5 games in 7 days...the season can turn up or slide into oblivion this week. 

So goalie rotation of Lehner (@NJ  6th), Nilsson (SJ 7th), Lehner (Anaheim 9th), Lehner (@Tor 11th), Nilsson (Van 12th)? 

I hope DD rides the hot goalie but doesn't force Lehner into back-to-back's when Nilsson has proven so capable. Especially with 4 games in 7 days the following week as well. 

That was a really sweet goal Reino put in vs. Ottawa.

I watched the highlights last night to cheer me up, and damn, you're right. That's one of those plays that only a few players attempt but seems to work, the goalie starts to move with the player to "stay square" the top corner opens up. It must be incredibly hard to hit that shot otherwise more players would do it.

I watched the highlights last night to cheer me up, and damn, you're right. That's one of those plays that only a few players attempt but seems to work, the goalie starts to move with the player to "stay square" the top corner opens up. It must be incredibly hard to hit that shot otherwise more players would do it.

It was filthy

It was filthy

(Sam Reinhart will be fine.)

This is the yahoo Live game of the day...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/live-video/

Sabres coming off a convincing home win to get to 21-20-10, this is a game they typically lose, and Schneider is coming off a 32 save 5-1 W at Columbus.. he's heating up.... so... I don't like our chances.

Edited by pi2000

DailyFaceOff sez "Lehner (unconfirmed)"

Well, most coaches are gonna play the hot hand. Even Bylsma couldn't be that stupid to rest Lehner after a 37 save shutout, could he?    

The only pro coach dumb enough to do something like that that would be Yankees' Joe Girardi -  but he's baseball - no worries.  lol

Well, most coaches are gonna play the hot hand. Even Bylsma couldn't be that stupid to rest Lehner after a 37 save shutout, could he?    

The only pro coach dumb enough to do something like that that would be Yankees' Joe Girardi -  but he's baseball - no worries.  lol

Well........... they've got a back-to-back here: @NJ tonight, and SJS tomorrow.  And as mentioned upthread, lots of games coming up (Thurs, and another back-to-back Sat and Sun).

So it seems possible that Nilsson gets either tonight or tomorrow.  Lehner still seems to be the obvious choice for tonight, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.