Keep or Trade Evander Kane

WildCard

Keep or Trade   

132 members have voted

1. 1. Answer it

• Keep
    • Trade

Best case:  Kane behaves himself this summer and signs an extension just before the opening of next season. 

It's a pretty reasonable possibility.

That's what I'm hoping for. Let him keep his nose clean all summer and sign him in late September/early October. I'd love any deal that comes in at or under $6 million per for 6 years and for them to front load it as much as allowed by the CBA so if we need to move it in the future it will increase interest from internal cap teams.

Kane's on pace for 35 goals on a 82 game season.  He's the leading scorer on the team.  That's offense we obviously and definitely shouldn't turn away, unless it's for a serious upgrade at D plus picks.

If you take away his 23 goals so far this year, that would move us from 21st in goals for to 29th, only above Colorado's pitiful total.

I have a problem with the "his value" and " free up cap space" logic. The guys motor is always going. His passion shows when he's on the ice. Who you getting back that will replace that? Who should they be looking to get in return? Draft picks that won't make the team for couple years?  They're not getting a big time defense man for him. I hate a dump our stars for future asset mentality.Kane is not a problem and he's not going to bring a great player in return. Build on what you have, don't repeatedly tear down just to get draft picks and leave the team void of talent.

I have a problem with the "his value" and " free up cap space" logic. The guys motor is always going. His passion shows when he's on the ice. Who you getting back that will replace that? Who should they be looking to get in return? Draft picks that won't make the team for couple years?  They're not getting a big time defense man for him. I hate a dump our stars for future asset mentality.Kane is not a problem and he's not going to bring a great player in return. Build on what you have, don't repeatedly tear down just to get draft picks and leave the team void of talent.

Welcome, and keep it coming!

I generally agree with this post, except that the bolded part is, I believe, the crux of the issue in GMTM's mind.  He needs Kaner to prove this summer that he can behave himself.

Welcome, and keep it coming!

I generally agree with this post, except that the bolded part is, I believe, the crux of the issue in GMTM's mind.  He needs Kaner to prove this summer that he can behave himself.

Well I don't know what that says about Murray since he jumped on the trade. He had to know what he was getting. Unless his action causes him to miss games, I don't see an issue.

The nature of his "antics" (the euphemism we like to use around here) has been different in Buffalo compared with Winnipeg.  In WPG, they were mostly locker room issues.  In Buffalo they've been more public legal issues.  So to say he knew this would happen isn't quite accurate.

The nature of his "antics" (the euphemism we like to use around here) has been different in Buffalo compared with Winnipeg.  In WPG, they were mostly locker room issues.  In Buffalo they've been more public legal issues.  So to say he knew this would happen isn't quite accurate.

Might not be accurate but it goes to the character of the individual. If he has problems with team mates what else can you think? He has issues worth watching or at least be aware of right? No one can predict how it would turn out but......I've never been inside a refrigerator but I'm pretty sure the light goes out when you close the door, If you follow me.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.