Keep or Trade Evander Kane

WildCard

Keep or Trade   

132 members have voted

1. 1. Answer it

• Keep
    • Trade

Peters said on the radio today that there's a rumor that we're extending Kane after this season. Haven't seen it mentioned on here.

Oh and Thorny, did you happen to call into The Instigators today?

No, long distance charges would have been off the chain :p

What was said?

Evidently Craig Rivet says that he thinks that the Sabres are going to sign Kane to an extension this summer.

The Instigators‏@TheInstigators

Riv's Rumours: "Sabres will resign Evander Kane at the end of the season."

*IF* this is true, and the extension is already sort of a forgone conclusion, that to me would suggest that both sides (Murray and Kane) were able to rather painlessly come to agreeable likely terms for both sides. Maybe that suggests Kane isn't asking for the world. I'm obviously inferring nearly all of this, but one can hope.

I don't know exactly where I get the feeling from, but it seems to me from what I've heard of Kane that fitting in with teammates and being part of a team, in the truest sense, matter to him greatly. Maybe he's looking to lock up that stability at a reasonable price.

Edit - obviously they wouldn't have been able to negotiate with Kane yet, but I'm sure they have ways to develop a general idea of where the other party stands.

Edited by Thorny

No, long distance charges would have been off the chain :P

What was said?

*IF* this is true, and the extension is already sort of a forgone conclusion, that to me would suggest that both sides (Murray and Kane) were able to rather painlessly come to agreeable likely terms for both sides. Maybe that suggests Kane isn't asking for the world. I'm obviously inferring nearly all of this, but one can hope.

I don't know exactly where I get the feeling from, but it seems to me from what I've heard of Kane that fitting in with teammates and being part of a team, in the truest sense, matter to him greatly. Maybe he's looking to lock up that stability at a reasonable price.

Edit - obviously they wouldn't have been able to negotiate with Kane yet, but I'm sure they have ways to develop a general idea of where the other party stands.

To your edit:  I think they can negotiate with him all they want.  They just can't sign anything.

Thorny, it was a guy from Manitoba that really liked Kane. You are the poster that lives in Winnipeg and despises the Jets because of it, right?

Maybe it was my Dad :lol:

I do vehemently dislike the Jets, you are correct. Mostly a media-driven issue, being around their endless coverage here incessantly. But I suppose that sort of just comes with the territory, when you are a fan of a non-local team. The dislike developed naturally over time.

But by and large my experiences with the fans have been pleasant. I wouldn't consider my gears grinded.

Maybe it was my Dad :lol:

I do vehemently dislike the Jets, you are correct. Mostly a media-driven issue, being around their endless coverage here incessantly. But I suppose that sort of just comes with the territory, when you are a fan of a non-local team. The dislike developed naturally over time.

But by and large my experiences with the fans have been pleasant. I wouldn't consider my gears grinded.

Hmmm.

Is your dad's name Trevor, and was he at first skeptical about Kane, but now fully on board with signing him?

Hmmm.

Is your dad's name Trevor, and was he at first skeptical about Kane, but now fully on board with signing him?

Nope.

But the qualifier there is probably pretty accurate.

On another note, the hatred of Kane here (yes, it's fully fledged hatred) is rather off putting, and crossed the line into irrational a long time ago.

I'll probably take out a billboard downtown featuring Kane lifting the Stanley Cup as a Sabre, if we are lucky enough for that to come to pass.

What message does trading Kane send to the team if he is traded?  I'm assuming he is well liked by Jack, Sam and the rest of the core (as opposed to Wpg).

If Patrick Eaves wet for a conditional 1st, what is Kane's value?

The message to the team is simple. We only have so much we can spend and don't try and sujegate the local female populace ad your sex slaves, it doesn't end well.

What can the return he?

That is being discussed in this thread.

I thank E. Kane is a major part of the sabres going forward. The players and picks given up, we're starting to see value in that return. LET IT RIDE! =)

Really?

Because I don't.

I completely fail to understand how so many can simply try to ignore the fact that it was widely reported at the beginning of the season that the organization wanted Kane gone.

Brand is everything, Kane didn't understand that, the organization isn't going to magically forget about it either.

I read more stuff about the Sabres than is healthy for me, and I don't recall any reporting that the Sabres wanted him gone.

I read a lot of media and internet speculation that the Sabres wanted him gone, which is not the same thing.

I read a credible report that the Wild was close making a trade for him that fell apart at the draft.

I read credible reports that the Vancouver Canucks expressed interest.

Again not the same as the Sabres wanted him gone.

It wouldn't surprise me that the incidents of last season led to an organizational decision to move on and they are simply waiting for him to reclaim his value, which he has. But to the best of my knowledge reporting of that has been strictly speculation.

What message does trading Kane send to the team if he is traded? I'm assuming he is well liked by Jack, Sam and the rest of the core (as opposed to Wpg).

If Patrick Eaves wet for a conditional 1st, what is Kane's value?

The message is there's no I in team. The team isn't composed of one individual. And if he doesn't want to re-sign with us, it says if you don't want to be a Sabre, you'll get shipped out.

And I agree, Kane likely has no real value. You can say Eaves went for a conditional 2nd. I'll pass on that every day of the week, unless we get a defensive player back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.