If Sabres Lose to Boston Tomorrow/Today

CallawaySabres

I see the Bills rumors the owners talk too players about the coaching.

So if true there why not with the hockey team too.

Wonder what players they would ask and more importantly what they would say?

Interesting times indeed, new year coming please show us something new.

I don't need Carp's charts to know this season is done.

You don't gain 10 points and leapfrog eight teams in 45 games.

We needed to go on strong run to finish December to have any hope. We did the opposite.

The rest of the season should be dedicated to:

* developing McCabe, Risto, Sam and Jack

* shopping Gionta, Moulson, Franson, Gorges, Nilsson and Kulikov for whatever we can get.

* doing whatever we can to rehabilitate the careers of Ennis, Girgensons and Bogosian

* preparing Ullmark, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching, Baptiste and Nylander for the NHL

* convincing Kane, O'Reilly and Okposo that the above is what is best for a better future.

* adjusting our system to something that gives the above players a better chance to succeed.

If Dan can't do those things, then he should not be the coach.

Edited by dudacek

Eichel exploded in room, pounding equipment, screaming, storming out without speaking. Good to see. Said more than any quote could. #Sabres

Aside from what Harrington had to say, I read Eichel did say something about the Sabres not signing a certain player. I believe it was Lee Stempniak. 

Edited by GoPre

I don't need Carp's charts to know this season is done.

You don't gain 10 points and leapfrog eight teams in 45 games.

We needed to go on strong run to finish December to have any hope. We did the opposite.

The rest of the season should be dedicated to:

* developing McCabe, Risto, Sam and Jack

* shopping Gionta, Moulson, Franson, Gorges, Nilsson and Kulikov for whatever we can get.

* doing whatever we can to rehabilitate the careers of Ennis, Girgensons and Bogosian

* preparing Ullmark, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching, Baptiste and Nylander for the NHL

* convincing Kane, O'Reilly and Okposo that the above is what is best for a better future.

* adjusting our system to something that gives the above players a better chance to succeed.

If Dan can't do those things, then he should not be the coach.

Yes.  All of it.

Eichel exploded in room, pounding equipment, screaming, storming out without speaking. Good to see. Said more than any quote could. #Sabres

Aside from what Harrington had to say, I read Eichel did say something about the Sabres not signing a certain player. I believe it was Lee Stempniak. 

Would like to see more of that passion ON the ice.

We know they are still going thru the rebuild but they are not progressing at all this season and players instead of being better seemed to have regressed.

There is a losing culture in that lockeroom which has been around for a few seasons.

Until they start holding each other accountable, that won't change. It's going to take a group of players to call out their own teammates on the bench, in thr lockerroom, at practice, etc.. whenever the effort level isn't where it needs to be.

Currently, they all seem to like each other a little too much. They need to understand they're not here to make friends, they're here to win. At some point they need to put their friendships aside and get pissed off at each other.

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.