If Sabres Lose to Boston Tomorrow/Today

CallawaySabres

I'd consider the firing on DB is a non event. You have to have the players to win, we don't

As with many opinions this is partially on. They are not as good as many thought and some still do. They aren't as bad as their record. I have pretty much given up on the idea this is the coach who can move this group ahead but he isn't the whole problem either. If you can justify Rex being let go I think there is more of a case to let Bylsma go and whether this is the time to do it or after the season it would take quite a turn around for him to survive. JMO.

I don't need Carp's charts to know this season is done.

You don't gain 10 points and leapfrog eight teams in 45 games.

We needed to go on strong run to finish December to have any hope. We did the opposite.

The rest of the season should be dedicated to:

* developing McCabe, Risto, Sam and Jack

* shopping Gionta, Moulson, Franson, Gorges, Nilsson and Kulikov for whatever we can get.

* doing whatever we can to rehabilitate the careers of Ennis, Girgensons and Bogosian

* preparing Ullmark, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching, Baptiste and Nylander for the NHL

* convincing Kane, O'Reilly and Okposo that the above is what is best for a better future.

* adjusting our system to something that gives the above players a better chance to succeed.

If Dan can't do those things, then he should not be the coach.

Great post.  The only difference for me would be that I'm always looking to move Kane and/or Bogosian if I can get a decent deal for them.  I don't see them as part of the future and I want their cap space freed up for other moves.  I'm all for trading what we can and restocking our assets for the future and future trades.  Although I'm not sure I want Murray to be the one spending those assets again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.