2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

Start today in Toronto and Montreal 

The Sabres have three prospects playing,  Alex Nylander and Rasmus Asplund for Sweden and Casey Fitzgerald for the US

Philly has a NHL high of nine prospects playing.

Sweden kicks things off with a 1 PM game today.

And the US Game is on at 3:30 on NHL Network  

decided to stop by to complain about how ###### the NHL network is. people wonder why some consider hockey a niche sport in the US, well there's an example. we have huge international tournaments like the WJC going on and we can't even watch all of the games here. sweden is probably the favorite to win it all and three of their four group play games won't be shown live here. meanwhile the NHL network twitter account is promoting some garbage "Top shelf - wjc edition" show that's on INSTEAD of the game people actually want to watch... and they use a pic of team sweden as the teaser. lol

Edited by thesportsbuff

I'm surprised that the US's goalie was even facing the right direction. Not lime he's been doing anything.

Goal! Take that commies!

I gotta say, I hate playing in Games like that, I would rather play in a game where I will face 50 shots then one where I would face 10. Standing around waiting for shots I find makes me play worse cause I'm not staying active.

Canada games on now, coyotes Strome is looking good, as long as they do t screw things up, the coyotes are gonna be a pretty good team soon....

decided to stop by to complain about how ###### the NHL network is. people wonder why some consider hockey a niche sport in the US, well there's an example. we have huge international tournaments like the WJC going on and we can't even watch all of the games here. sweden is probably the favorite to win it all and three of their four group play games won't be shown live here. meanwhile the NHL network twitter account is promoting some garbage "Top shelf - wjc edition" show that's on INSTEAD of the game people actually want to watch... and they use a pic of team sweden as the teaser. lol

You're not wrong. 

---------------------

Is this the WJC that is being hosted by Buffalo and has an outdoor game in early January? Or am I getting my years mixed up?

Is this the WJC that is being hosted by Buffalo and has an outdoor game in early January? Or am I getting my years mixed up?

TrueBlue is correct that it is the 2018 WJC, but it's worth mentioning that it is in fact one year from now - it begins Dec. 26, 2017.

Edit: And, the outdoor game at New Era Field is actually on Friday, December 29, 2017.

Edited by Cereal

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.