The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My barber takes an average of 35 minutes to cut my hair. He takes so much pride in his work, I absolutely love it. And my Spanish is horrific, so we don't talk much(all the guys in the shop are from the DR and Puerto Rico) but we can still talk about baseball!

35 minutes for a hair cut? That's insane. I'm not even inside the barber shop for 35 minutes total, even if there's a decent line. Then again I get my hair cut on base and just go to whomever's chair is open whenever I'm next up in line. I'm usually in and out in less than 10 minutes.

My wife cuts my hair. She's not bad at it, it's free, and she's the one who has to look at me anyway.

I used to let my girlfriend cut mine, but she works more hours than I do, so I stopped asking her to do it.

My wife cuts my hair. She's not bad at it, it's free, and she's the one who has to look at me anyway.

d4rk let me buzz from back of the neck down once or twice to clean things up, but I must've not been good at it because it hasn't happened in about 5 years haha 

d4rk let me buzz from back of the neck down once or twice to clean things up, but I must've not been good at it because it hasn't happened in about 5 years haha

Have I really had you do that? I honestly don't even remember. Wanna do my neck this weekend?

Have I really had you do that? I honestly don't even remember. Wanna do my neck this weekend?

Oh darling I thought you'd never ask  :wub:   /s 

well, it made more sense 5 years ago cuz we had an outdoor area where you could sit and not make a giant hairy mess all over the apartment. 

Oh darling I thought you'd never ask  :wub:   /s 

well, it made more sense 5 years ago cuz we had an outdoor area where you could sit and not make a giant hairy mess all over the apartment. 

Put a stool in the bathtub and have him sit in there. That's where I cut my dog's hair and if we didn't have a garage that's where I'd have my gf cut my hair back when she used to do it.

Put a stool in the bathtub and have him sit in there. That's where I cut my dog's hair and if we didn't have a garage that's where I'd have my gf cut my hair back when she used to do it.

Also, install a flap in the door so that d4rk can get in and out of the house when he needs to.

Also, install a flap in the door so that d4rk can get in and out of the house when he needs to.

I'm about ready to install one in our bathroom door for the actual cat. He can't handle not being in the bathroom with d4rk. He's slammed his furry little tank of a body against it so many times it no longer stays shut. 

This is incredibly problematic when I'm doing a drano treatment on the sink and he thinks it smells like something tasty. Closed doors don't stop him. 

To PA

It can become a bit dangerous to add large dose sedatives prior to general anasthesia, anasthesiologists know their stuff, but adding some more sedation can cause loss of airway and laryngospasm.... If it's general then you are typically intubated and then your airway and ventilation is controlled, this will allow for higher dosing and less chance of waking mid procedure.... It's been well known that patients take a Xanax or Ativan, etc due to the stressful nature of going under. But some really get so anxious that they overdo it

I guess the down side of adding a sedative makes sense. But I'm never putting myself in that position again. I have to have hernia surgery sooner than later (laparoscopic with general anesthesia) so I need to figure something out with my docs.

My barber takes an average of 35 minutes to cut my hair. He takes so much pride in his work, I absolutely love it. And my Spanish is horrific, so we don't talk much(all the guys in the shop are from the DR and Puerto Rico) but we can still talk about baseball!

I’ve had one paid haircut in the last 30 years. Always wore my hair long. I had a flow that would have rivaled Woody’s. Things were starting to thin out a bit and I’d had long hair since way back so I was considering losing it. I was eating spaghetti one night trying to keep my hair out of it and finally had enough.

Lost 16” of hair to the locks of love.

I kept it buzzed tight until the alopecia started. Now I shave what little bits of scrub that grow here and there.

If you have hair, any hair. Cherish it.

I guess the down side of adding a sedative makes sense. But I'm never putting myself in that position again. I have to have hernia surgery sooner than later (laparoscopic with general anesthesia) so I need to figure something out with my docs.

I get knocked out every three years for a colonoscopy. I'm at the point now where I feel like the robot in Robocop 2 that is waiting for his tube of Nuke. I can't wait to see that guy walking toward the bed with my mother's milk (propofol), and start thinking about it days ahead. That's probably not so good.

I had a very bad experience with my spinal fusion. I was wasn’t out all the way but couldn’t talk. I could pop my eyes open here and there and the anesthesiologist noticed I was conscious before they actually started and knocked me out the rest of the way.

I make certain to relay this experience when I’m having a surgery and haven’t had a repeat. Thankfully.

I get knocked out every three years for a colonoscopy. I'm at the point now where I feel like the robot in Robocop 2 that is waiting for his tube of Nuke. I can't wait to see that guy walking toward the bed with my mother's milk (propofol), and start thinking about it days ahead. That's probably not so good.

It's a nice treat, but only once every three years.

Wanted to share a little info. for those who might be facing what I had to do today: go under general anesthesia for the first time. I was nervous about it — as many people are (about the anesthesia, not necessarily the test, which was an endobronchial ultrasound and biopsy).

<snip>

By the way, the whole thing was to investigate enlarged lymph nodes around my lungs. Basically to confirm the 90+% likelihood of sarcoidosis, an inflammatory condition. Necessary, though, to rule out the small chance of lymphoma. I've been feeling fine. I was telling myself last August, when all this kicked off, that I've never felt better. Which is often the case with sarcoidosis. It's often found incidentally, in my case when investigating a dry cough by ordering a chest xray. (It can also rarely be a dread disease; just ask Bernie Mac.)

Thank you for reading and hopefully a word to the wise.

:cry:

The whole Swedish invasion was almost as much fun as the Soviet invasion, but for me it has run it's course.

I want the Sabres to win as many games as possible the rest of this season, as always, and I'm more than OK with the diminished chances of drafting the big Swedish Dman.

Therefore, I have changed my user name to N S.  I wanted NS with no space, but the system would not let me ... needs to be 3 characters and the space counts.

I dropped the Sabres Fan In, as that is a given at this point.  All my friends call me NS anyway, so please call me NS, my friends.  Most of you do anyway ...  :flirt:

The whole Swedish invasion was almost as much fun as the Soviet invasion, but for me it has run it's course.

I want the Sabres to win as many games as possible the rest of this season, as always, and I'm more than OK with the diminished chances of drafting the big Swedish Dman.

Therefore, I have changed my user name to N S.  I wanted NS with no space, but the system would not let me ... needs to be 3 characters and the space counts.

I dropped the Sabres Fan In, as that is a given at this point.  All my friends call me NS anyway, so please call me NS, my friends.  Most of you do anyway ...  :flirt:

I too feel that the Swedish invasion has run it's course. It was fun while it lasted.

I am also using this opportunity to change my name (Touched by Boyes) to something a little more current. Given the state of sexual misconduct we have seen recently, I no longer feel like the play on words of my former user name is appropriate. So i'm giving a shout out to my favorite under-appreciated Sabre in Samson Reinhart.

I too feel that the Swedish invasion has run it's course. It was fun while it lasted.

I am also using this opportunity to change my name (Touched by Boyes) to something a little more current. Given the state of sexual misconduct we have seen recently, I no longer feel like the play on words of my former user name is appropriate. So i'm giving a shout out to my favorite under-appreciated Sabre in Samson Reinhart.

Sounds like an uncomfortable 30 dayish cycle.