The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

So when I was home for Christmas I drove a car for the first time in six months, and naturally filled the tank a couple times. I paid the ensuing gas bill, but did not realize that I had spread over two billing periods, and so I didn't know I had another bill this month, and submitted the payment 2 days late after finding out that I actually owed money due two days ago. It's the first time I've ever made a late payment on any bill. It was literally like $20. 

I'm new at adulting, what will the consequences of this be?

Generally ... two days after due date results in no reporting to credit bureaus. Thirty days gets reported, as do 60, 90 ... there may be a late fee, however. My understanding. I do not work for a bureau.

The problem is, some people take stuff like that as fact.

Like my tailor. Alex Jones is rambling in the back of his shop every time I'm in there. He does good work, though, so I ignore it and make sure the conversation is brief and never turns political.

Like my tailor. Alex Jones is rambling in the back of his shop every time I'm in there. He does good work, though, so I ignore it and make sure the conversation is brief and never turns political.

Man, I couldn't abide that. I'd have to find a new tailor.

My old tailor is 38 miles away(almost an hour in traffic), and his son annoys me. It's too far to drive for a 5 minute interaction.

I couldn't make the transaction. Knowing that the money I spend is going straight into feeding someone's delusions. 

There's a barber here in Buffalo I tried once and will never go back to because they just assumed that because I'm a blue collar lookin white guy they could say totally f*cked up sh*t around me and expect me to agree with it. No way do I want those people being validated by receiving my money. 

If you run a business, don't make your disgusting beliefs known to me. I won't be back. 

You guys have tailors?

Randall, is this a credit card? You'll probably have good luck calling and explaining the situation and getting any late fee reversed. Assuming it's the first time and you have a good history of paying. Be nice and maybe throw in that you're a poor student yada yada yada. Don't be afraid to sniffle.

I couldn't make the transaction. Knowing that the money I spend is going straight into feeding someone's delusions.

There's a barber here in Buffalo I tried once and will never go back to because they just assumed that because I'm a blue collar lookin white guy they could say totally f*cked up sh*t around me and expect me to agree with it. No way do I want those people being validated by receiving my money.

If you run a business, don't make your disgusting beliefs known to me. I won't be back.

To be fair, he's never mentioned gay frogs or anything of the like. He could be listening to it out of morbid curiosity. Like I said, I don't discuss it. And when I say it's always on, I mean twice in the past year. But I know what you mean. I have very few scruples. It's not necessarily a good thing.

The lady who does my hair has some absolute sh!t opinions. I still drive to Rochester to see her because 1) she's one of the few people in this world who can handle my bizzarre dual textured mop and 2) I'm an insanely loyal person and would feel terrible leaving unless I moved like.. really far away... (my dentist is still in rochester too...ok yeah i'm an idiot)

But yeah, around the election she'd sling some doozies, sprinkles in casual racism/fear of brown people, often asks me where I stand on huge hot button political issues (gun control, cop violence, you name it). She's a nice person. I don't get the feeling she's the brightest. But I'm sitting in her chair for 45 minutes or longer if coloring (back when I could afford to do that), and flipping topics never worked well- usually that stuff came up around minute 30 or so. Over the last couple years, we've had some good and patient discussions and she's actually come towards the middle and opened her mind on minorities and such. I never tell her she's wrong, I usually explain why I see both sides and why I mostly agree with one, and I leave it there. Kinda neat watching her open up over time. I'd like to think I have a small part in that. 

But you guys are in and out of a tailor/barbershop in 15 minutes and probably don't wanna jaw with anyone anyways

You guys have tailors?

Randall, is this a credit card? You'll probably have good luck calling and explaining the situation and getting any late fee reversed. Assuming it's the first time and you have a good history of paying. Be nice and maybe throw in that you're a poor student yada yada yada. Don't be afraid to sniffle.

Yeah basically, it's a Kwik Fill card. I was thinking about calling.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Neo, stick around!!

We've, Alex Jones is a true American patriot and a meme gold mine.

(He really does love America. But he's freaking nuts and a complete deluded idiot)

(As a member of a physics department I can confirm this)

I'm sorry, he actually said the gay frog thing?!  Bwahahahahaaaaaa

He also legitimately believes deep down in his heart that (politician that he hates) is a demon. They all are. And he's justified this belief by looking at pictures of them and counting "flies" that he sees around them. And how they smell like sulfur. 

During the child custody portion of his recent divorce either he or his attorney stated in open court that he is a performance artist and his behavior on his show does not reflect his actual beliefs or personality.

I'd like to believe that, making him another carnival barker selling hymn sheets (and phony vitamins) to the choir. Dunno if I do though.

Also:

https://youtu.be/BEoCg4737LU

During the child custody portion of his recent divorce either he or his attorney stated in open court that he is a performance artist and his behavior on his show does not reflect his actual beliefs or personality.

I'd like to believe that, making him another carnival barker selling hymn sheets (and phony vitamins) to the choir. Dunno if I do though.

Also:

It's too bad so many listen to him.

Also, that video is incredible. Thank you. 

Also:

If this is all an act then he's an even bigger psychopath than if he just believed it all. 

Yeah dude! The guy is in-freaking-sane.

He also legitimately believes deep down in his heart that (politician that he hates) is a demon. They all are. And he's justified this belief by looking at pictures of them and counting "flies" that he sees around them. And how they smell like sulfur. 

Well, now, wait.

I concluded a while ago that Infowars is a "work," to borrow some wrestling parlance.

It's a corrosive and dangerous work -- but it's a work.

If this is all an act then he's an even bigger psychopath than if he just believed it all. 

I think "all" is probably strong, but I think there's plenty that he just does purely for clicks and traffic.

The lady who does my hair has some absolute sh!t opinions. I still drive to Rochester to see her because 1) she's one of the few people in this world who can handle my bizzarre dual textured mop and 2) I'm an insanely loyal person and would feel terrible leaving unless I moved like.. really far away... (my dentist is still in rochester too...ok yeah i'm an idiot)

But yeah, around the election she'd sling some doozies, sprinkles in casual racism/fear of brown people, often asks me where I stand on huge hot button political issues (gun control, cop violence, you name it). She's a nice person. I don't get the feeling she's the brightest. But I'm sitting in her chair for 45 minutes or longer if coloring (back when I could afford to do that), and flipping topics never worked well- usually that stuff came up around minute 30 or so. Over the last couple years, we've had some good and patient discussions and she's actually come towards the middle and opened her mind on minorities and such. I never tell her she's wrong, I usually explain why I see both sides and why I mostly agree with one, and I leave it there. Kinda neat watching her open up over time. I'd like to think I have a small part in that.

But you guys are in and out of a tailor/barbershop in 15 minutes and probably don't wanna jaw with anyone anyways

My barber takes an average of 35 minutes to cut my hair. He takes so much pride in his work, I absolutely love it. And my Spanish is horrific, so we don't talk much(all the guys in the shop are from the DR and Puerto Rico) but we can still talk about baseball!

My barber takes an average of 35 minutes to cut my hair. He takes so much pride in his work, I absolutely love it. And my Spanish is horrific, so we don't talk much(all the guys in the shop are from the DR and Puerto Rico) but we can still talk about baseball!

I love my barber.  I have went to him since we moved to NS ... 20 years.

He is great.  Best part ... I spend all of 10 minutes in his chair for the haircut and about 20 more just gabbing.