JJFIVEOH

Weather

On 2/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, Ducky said:

-42C or -43.6F with the wind here tonight and everyone around here is getting pretty sick of the winter. I am getting into a cab for the airport at 4:45 tomorrow morning and heading to Los Cabos for 13 days of drinking, fishing, birding, snorkeling and eating...preferably in that order. Supposed to be around 81F for the whole time we are there. Fishing isn't supposed to be the greatest at this time of year but it's supposed to be picking up the last two weeks. I'll be watching the Jets from a rooftop bar tomorrow evening!!!

Supposed to be -8C or 17.6F when we get back but they have trouble predicting 3 days in advance let alone 14 days.

I love how the wind chill is at that point where the two scales cross over, the rare temperature where it doesn't matter which units you're using.

• Like (+1) 1

Cracked my left knee on some concrete tonight for about the fourth time this winter.  At a certain point, I'm going to need a bus.

I can't do this anymore.  I just can't.  This is ridiculous. This winter is the worst in five years, easily.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Cracked my left knee on some concrete tonight for about the fourth time this winter.  At a certain point, I'm going to need a bus.

I can't do this anymore.  I just can't.  This is ridiculous. This winter is the worst in five years, easily.

My wife slipped in the driveway and hit her head today after work. She seems OK though.  No concussion symptoms.  I thought I was the one with the thick head.

This Winter can end, like yesterday.

I shot this video of a spinning circle of ice in a local creek yesterday. Although it seems people can create these with chainsaws on thicker ice, I don't see any way this one was done by humans. This has got to be old Mother Nature. If you google around, you'll see stories about naturally occurring ice circles. This is probably the most interesting thing I've seen in nature, and that includes an osprey that sat in a tree above my nephew waiting for the right moment to swoop down and steal the fish off his line. I was absolutely mesmerized by this sight.

• Like (+1) 1

That is really cool.

I wish I could set up a camera on a tripod and take like an hour's footage of this. You can't take your eyes off it. There was a huge one in Maine in January, about 300 feet in diameter.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I shot this video of a spinning circle of ice in a local creek yesterday. Although it seems people can create these with chainsaws on thicker ice, I don't see any way this one was done by humans. This has got to be old Mother Nature. If you google around, you'll see stories about naturally occurring ice circles. This is probably the most interesting thing I've seen in nature, and that includes an osprey that sat in a tree above my nephew waiting for the right moment to swoop down and steal the fish off his line. I was absolutely mesmerized by this sight.

Very cool.

If you look really closely you can just glimpse that pesky Beaver spinning it.

• Haha (+1) 1

You can tune a piano but you can’t Tuna Creek.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Wrong thread......... couldn't resist.

it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit back home, not the 86 degrees Fahrenheit I am sitting in right now but I'll take it when I get back. I think winter is over thank God.

Edited by Ducky

On 3/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, PASabreFan said:

They showed a video like this on the news down here earlier in the winter.  It must have been that one in Maine that you mentioned.  It was a very rare moment where the news was actually informative.  The weather woman pretty quickly explained exactly what was happening.  All I know is that it makes me think of the bed on Austin Powers' plane.

6 hours ago, shrader said:

They showed a video like this on the news down here earlier in the winter.  It must have been that one in Maine that you mentioned.  It was a very rare moment where the news was actually informative.  The weather woman pretty quickly explained exactly what was happening.  All I know is that it makes me think of the bed on Austin Powers' plane.

Those things aren’t real you know...PA and his bored band of crop circle makers have turned their keen eye to the ice....a devoted little gang they are, but don’t be fooled...you fool..😁

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

Those things aren’t real you know...PA and his bored band of crop circle makers have turned their keen eye to the ice....a devoted little gang they are, but don’t be fooled...you fool..😁

I'm currently busy looking out the window at a bunch of chem trails all while sipping on a glass of fluoridated water.  What were you saying again?