GDT: Edmonton at Buffalo, 12/6/16 (7pm, MSG)

Eleven

Was watching this one on a delay. I must admit, when Edmonton scored their third, I turned off the tv, threw the remote into the couch across the room, and looked at the score, quite sure it was going to be 5-2. I then sheepishly turned the tv back on and watched the rest.

Kane with a clutch goal? Risto not destroying his stick on a slapshot attempt? What is the world coming to? I'll take it. I also enjoyed watching Anders giving it large to McClavicle at any possible opportunity. Fun.

giphy.gif

LOL man. That's horrible and I can't stop laughing given the spirit it was given in. Kudo's. Oh and you should be banned for this :P  And that old avatar you rocked that made me want to puke.

One good fin period... then suckattude.... tank on:(

It's really time to accept another lost season, I'm kind of already over it. We pretty much knew this season was over the day Eichel got injured.

Maybe Kane can get injured again and the season will be saved

this team ain't coming back. Book it

I know you guys all tried to redeem yourselves but you be on timeout for the first period of the next game as a result of your hurtful, hateful contributions to the board with these.

LETS GO BUFFALO

LETS GO BUFFALO

LETS GO BUFFALO

Man maybe when we get our top three D back and somehow get rid of Grant we just may have something to go make it all worthwhile. Now let us pray.

Edited by beerme1

That's a big win, both point wise and for our teams mentality.

Win yes, team mentality sucked... Sabres got lucky with that last penalty... Played like shiite for almost 2 periods....  Its a win but pathetic... deserved a loss...

LOL man. That's horrible and I can't stop laughing given the spirit it was given in. Kudo's. Oh and you should be banned for this :P  And that old avatar you rocked that made me want to puke.

I know you guys all tried to redeem yourselves but you be on timeout for the first period of the next game as a result of your hurtful, hateful contributions to the board with these.

LETS GO BUFFALO

LETS GO BUFFALO

LETS GO BUFFALO

Man maybe when we get our top three D back and somehow get rid of Grant we just may have something to go make it all worthwhile. Now let us pray.

Until they can play like they did in the first... and the last minute of the third foget about it.  Its a win that leaves a bad taste.  PS what happened to Carrier in the third... benched or hurt?

Great win.

Lots of bad fans, though. Half the place was empty when the game was tied up (and later won).

Pulease, unless the Sabres start showing they can play near a full game... they deserve an empty stadium.  They rely too much on the D to carry them and the forwards especially the Eichel line is sloppy.  Liked that Girgs moved up to top line, just better positioning than Carrier, but love Carrier's hustle...

Really?

He grabbed the Sabre pretty badly, still hard to make that call at the end of a game with so much stuff going on during the game.

Edited by North Buffalo

Its a win but pathetic... deserved a loss...

PS what happened to Carrier in the third... benched or hurt?

Pulease, unless the Sabres start showing they can play near a full game... they deserve an empty stadium.  They rely too much on the D to carry them and the forwards especially the Eichel line is sloppy.  Liked that Girgs moved up to top line, just better positioning than Carrier, but love Carrier's hustle...

No such thing for this team as a pathetic win.

Not sure but I do see a lot of Vanek Face from him. I agree with you that I really like Carrier and want him to start potting a few to show he truly belongs. Until then, Grant LOL

I was laughing at how many people left and missed the tying goal. Get out. Oh and then may have come back but missed the winning goal. I said get out! My Dad taught me at a very young age, you don't leave the game.

No such thing for this team as a pathetic win.

Not sure but I do see a lot of Vanek Face from him. I agree with you that I really like Carrier and want him to start potting a few to show he truly belongs. Until then, Grant LOL

I was laughing at how many people left and missed the tying goal. Get out. Oh and then may have come back but missed the winning goal. I said get out! My Dad taught me at a very young age, you don't leave the game.

I watched it all pathetically, but was almost pissed they pulled this one out because of their effort for 2 periods.  Grant another one who was slacking....  Guess the guys aren't ready to play 2 games in 2 nights.  I say make them skate burners tomorrow. They gotta be outta shape...

Couldn't watch the game but vicariously feeling the juice through all of you! Awesome!!!

Question: how in the world does Adam Larsson take a holding penalty at the end of regulation?

As Foligno spun at the side of the net, Larsson reached right out and grabbed his arm. Didn't have it long, but the ref was right in front of where he did it, & it had to look EXTREMELY blatent from the ref's angle (as he had tried to grab him and missed at the start of the turn). Had the ref been standing almost anywhere else on the ice, it probably would've been let go as it was the sort of thing that normally gets let go in the last minute. Good for the ref for actually calling it. Wish more guys called stuff to the very end.

Win yes, team mentality sucked... Sabres got lucky with that last penalty... Played like shiite for almost 2 periods....  Its a win but pathetic... deserved a loss...

Until they can play like they did in the first... and the last minute of the third foget about it.  Its a win that leaves a bad taste.  PS what happened to Carrier in the third... benched or hurt?

He grabbed the Sabre pretty badly, still hard to make that call at the end of a game with so much stuff going on during the game.

Now I remember why I had you on Ignore for a while last season.

I watched it all pathetically, but was almost pissed they pulled this one out because of their effort for 2 periods.  Grant another one who was slacking....  Guess the guys aren't ready to play 2 games in 2 nights.  I say make them skate burners tomorrow. They gotta be outta shape...

Back to backs are one thing, but they are REALLY hard when the second of the back to back is also the 3rd in four nights and there is late night travel involved. This team was gassed tonight after giving a good effort in the 1st and a rested Edmonton is built to wear down tired opponents. I didn't see us winning this game and we were lucky we did.

A couple observations from the game:

Eichel should not be playing. He is simply not the same player and it was most noticeable in person. He was terrible. I wonder if he doesn't have ADHD sometimes by the way he seems to lose focus on the ice. He couldn't bear down worth a crap tonight.

We sit three rows up next to the Sabres bench and from that vantage point, McDavid was the fastest player I've ever seen. I didn't think it was possible for a human being to move that fast on skates.

Now I remember why I had you on Ignore for a while last season.

Too negative?  Sorry, grew up watching and listening to the 70s Sabres where they skated all the time.  Its hard to watch this team when you see glimpses of the the talent and what they can do with effort.  

The Larsson, Gionta and Foligno line is my favorite.  OReilly and Okposo need another forward, not currently on this team.  

I am actually ok with where the D is at right now, especially after watching all the young guys play and do pretty well. Need one more physical guy... Bergdorfer may be it.?? 

Eichel and Sam need Kane on that line... He hustles and makes the forecheck work.  Eichel still playing tentative.

Fourth line is a mess...Playing 3 games in four nights really showed....

Edited by North Buffalo

I learned this at a Bills - Oilers game as a kid.

YEAH! What an example that is. My Dad made me sit through a doubleheader in Toronto that had something like a three hour rain delay as part of that fun filled day in that shithole stadium at the EX. We left, when it was over. After that one, I can't leave a game early out of respect for my Dad.

###### YEAH! What an example that is. My Dad made me sit through a doubleheader in Toronto that had something like a three hour rain delay as part of that fun filled day in that shithole stadium at the EX. We left, when it was over. After that one, I can't leave a game early out of respect for my Dad.

I Bitch and moan a lot about it.  But I watched that Oilers game at Grevy's in Falls Church and took a walk with friends at half time.  Came back to see Bubba McDowell interception... but figured I'd eat some good food and realize the Superbowl run was over... nice surprise.  My mom made sure I wasn't a fair weather fan.

Edited by North Buffalo

Pretty remarkable, isn't it? Before the season, could you have conceived of zero buzz for this game? Edmonton has done its part, mostly.

We've suffered through 2 years of tanking, 4 years of mediocrity, and watch jack Eichel injure his leg 24hours before the season started and aggravate it again last night... we are emotional drained.

What did we used to call the old core? Fragile little children?

This board is more like broken, cynical middle-age divorcees whose spouses ran away to Italy with a 23-year-old in a hot convertible.

it is so bruised it can scarcely contemplate hope, let alone joy.

We tied the game with 23 seconds left and won it with a perfect shot in overtime!

This is why we became fans. Let yourselves have some fun. You deserve it.

Too negative?  Sorry, grew up watching and listening to the 70s Sabres where they skated all the time.

Me too. But if I'm going to watch my team, root for a win, and they actually win, I'm not going to spend the rest of my night complaining about it. Just sayin'.

We tied the game with 23 seconds left and won it with a perfect shot in overtime!

This is why we became fans. Let yourselves have some fun. You deserve it.

:beer:

Edited by Doohickie

Aren't you a bundle of joy.................

I learned this at a Bills - Oilers game as a kid.

You were there too?!?!

Just got back from the game. Man, I’m getting addicted to this. 3 games in my first 10 years as a fan, 4 this season by its end. So fun.

Gionta’s slash was allowed because he slashed a guy that was mauling him in front. There were several times where refs let the Oilers do something they shouldn’t, and then allowed the illegal Sabre retaliation. It was kind of strange.

The linesmen were brutal. Missed several offside plays, blew down several good plays that kept the puck in.

Our AHL defense looks like an AHL defense. They don’t know where to be when things happen as fast as they do at the NHL level. I think Disco did a good job getting guys out there in the right spots for the most part.

Whatever we did in the neutral and o-zones were pitiful. It’s even more glaring at the games. I knew our transition game would suffer without defense, but the things I was seeing had nothing to do with the initial breakout pass. Low percentage plays by design, everywhere, all the time. Whenever anything good happened, it was either luck or a guy like ROR willing something to happen against the grain of what he ‘should’ be doing. The Oilers cut through us like nothing, on the other hand. Not just McDavid. The freakin Pitlick line was better with the puck and with possession than our ROR/KO line. (Both of those guys played well from what I saw.)

Jack’s speed wasn’t there and he wasn’t great again, because of the ankle, but he still created several great chances.

I’m really, really glad I got to see McDavid in person. But I’m never doing it again. Not against a team I want to win. It was stressful and terrifying every time he came onto the ice, and that stress legitimately dampened the overall feel of the game. He’s other-worldly. He had this one play where he zoomed into the zone, backed McCabe off because of it (because he had blown around him earlier) and then held up enough, just controlling and manipulating the space he created at will. McCabe made no incorrect decision at any point. McDavid just knew what he was going to do when and adjusted his speed and his stickwork and decision-making accordingly. It was stupefying to see in person.

Reinhart had a couple “wtf are you doing” plays again, but also several nifty ones. He’ll get out of his little funk, and soon.

Roughly 10 minutes into the third, we were being outshot 18-5. In that period. We had no legs left, it was wild.

We desperately need Kulikov and Bogosian back.

When was the last time we tied a game in the last minute when we as fans weren’t rooting for losses? Man, that was something. Thousands of people were streaming into the aisle as soon as Edmonton took the timeout, even though we had a faceoff in their zone with the goalie pulled with 1:13 left. I Couldn’t believe it. Yeah, we don’t do that often, but they missed out.

Weird that Dunleavy does the intermission stuff at ice level when he’s not the one calling the game.

What a shot by Risto. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.