GDT: Edmonton at Buffalo, 12/6/16 (7pm, MSG)

Eleven

Burning questions. Does Dan put Eichel out head to head to start the game this year? How much flak does he get either way?

No, because Eichel is a liability at the moment with his less than full skating explosion. I'd try to get ROR against McDavid and make him work defensively. The Eichel line is a disaster in their own zone. 

No, because Eichel is a liability at the moment with his less than full skating explosion. I'd try to get ROR against McDavid and make him work defensively. The Eichel line is a disaster in their own zone. 

So it is done then. Dan has penciled Jack on the ice for opening puck drop!

Ok I read this with the jingle of the previous song.

Outside Eichel is skating but it's not amazing eww eww

but maybe we'll get lucky and McDavid will be sucky too

come on it's lovely weather for a hockey game together you fools

Giddy up giddy up giddy up Reino

You're not skating in Snow

We're playing in a wonderland of wooo

Giddy up giddy up giddy up Franson

Don't skate with your hands

We're playing along

like some kind of dive bar cover band

Ok I read this with the jingle of the previous song.

Edited by LGR4GM

Pretty remarkable, isn't it? Before the season, could you have conceived of zero buzz for this game? Edmonton has done its part, mostly.

I see a lot of buzz around the league for it, and around the city.  Just not on this forum.  Thoughts?

I see a lot of buzz around the league for it, and around the city.  Just not on this forum.  Thoughts?

We've suffered through 2 years of tanking, 4 years of mediocrity, and watch jack Eichel injure his leg 24hours before the season started and aggravate it again last night... we are emotional drained. 

Fair point ^^^

It is interesting NHL.com, NHL TV, and a couple of other outlets are treating this as a marquee matchup and not dwelling on Jack's ankle.

If Jack were 100% I would fully agree. I only hope angry Eichel appears. When Jack reaches 0 f##ks given level he is a hell of a hockey player. I think the constant McDavid questioning will get Jack pumped for this one. 

Also you don't seem to post often but welcome Mig22, hope you hang out for the game tonight.

You know what you are right! What the hell are we doing? No I am serious! We went through hell to get here and we are just gonna sulk because we lost last night? Screw that we are Buffalo Sports Fans. We don't sulk! We aren't fair weather fans. I want you to get mad. I want you to give a damn tonight because all we hear about is McDavid this and Matthews that and tonight, well tonight is our time to remind everyone we are Buffalo. Yup we sucks most nights or days or even years. But you know what doesn't suck? Jack Eichel. Ryan O'Reilly, Rasmus Ristolainen. They don't suck. So I want all the Sabres fans to get up and turn on their tv's and join in the conversation because tonight we are the greatest hockey team in the world. 

###### McDavid, Jack Eichel for the win. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Fair point ^^^

It is interesting NHL.com, NHL TV, and a couple of other outlets are treating this as a marquee matchup and not dwelling on Jack's ankle.

Fair point. I guess I'm guilty of using this board as the wrist where I take the pulse.

Is Rick going to keep saying Lay-ner, Carrier (as in puck carrier) and Guhlé?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.