One goal again...enough is enough

matter2003

I think that's debatable,… and irrelevant. To say that we aren't scoring because of DDB's system and using the Ranger's roster as an example seems like folly to me.

That's not why I added the Rangers' roster. I said "if anyone is wondering what the best in the league looks like" and laid it out.

A center spine of Stepan-Hayes-Pirri-Jooris, and nice wing depth that doesn't contain a player who's scored more than what, 60-65 points in the last few seasons?

We aren't a decade from having depth like that, and already have high end skill capable of 60 points, but they're comically better at scoring than us (and a lot of the league, even teams with much better talent)

But never anywhere did I say that the Rangers roster was another example. I explicitly stated otherwise. And said later that it's not yet fair to compare us to the best in the league, which is why I pulled a bunch of bottom ten teams up, and got embarrassed by the difference in numbers anyway.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I didn't say those were folly, although, any reference to Tortorella being something we should aspire to needs a healthy dose of reflection.

I believe it was more incredulity that Tortorella coaches a more offensive game than does Bylsma. In a "you know you have problems if Torts has a better offensive approach" kind of way.

When was the last time you saw a cross ice pass in the offensive zone? They always toss it along the boards down low or bank to the defender. The system is ######. It's entirely on defenders not blocking your point shot. It's awful

Murray & Bylsma are building a team and playing a system for the game 10 years ago, not today's game, which is all about speed, skating ability, and puck skill.

When was the last time a player in juniors was called up mid-season?

It's not allowed. He can come up only after his junior season is over.

That said Pu is a nice prospect, but I don't see him as a future NHL player.... maybe a depth guy but nothing more.

Are they allowed to be sent back? I guess they would have to be... or is there some number of games where their rookie deal kicks in as under normal conditions?

I would assume they could be sent back once the emergency was over. And I imagine that their contract would kick in after 9 games, as per usual.

So there you have it, I assume and imagine.

...no clue lol

21 games played so far....12 of them (over 57%) they have scored 0 or 1 goals.  I think percentage would be some kid of record.

For the ENTIRE SEASON so far...there is almost a 60% chance that a game we watch will see 0 or 1 goals by the Sabres.

If that's not an emergency I don't know what is!

It's not allowed. He can come up only after his junior season is over.

That said Pu is a nice prospect, but I don't see him as a future NHL player.... maybe a depth guy but nothing more.

It is hard to envision Pu being useful. Getting Pu on the PP is desired by most but it could be toxic. Especially if Pu is on the PP and then inserts himself into the crease repeatedly. It can get a little hairy so we'll have to ensure the crease is free and clear.

Also, The D may push Pu right into the open mouth of the goal. It takes a special kinda goalie to allow this type of play. I'd suggest monitoring how often they visit the ATM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.