Buffalo Sabres top 50 of all time

Hoss

Buffalo Sabres Top 50  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the tenth best player in Sabres history?

• Craig Ramsay
    • Ryan Miller
    • Jim Schoenfield
    • Rene Robert

peca no love for him or Barnaby?

Neither of them are anywhere near the level of the players we're still voting on right now, but they're going to be in the top 50 without a doubt.

Barnaby probably on the tail end and Peca somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Hoss

I'd love to see some of the other old timers chime in. Not exclusively, mind you, The Hoss Convention II inviting younger fans to post and vote their impressions is way cool.

I'm imagining PA, K9, et al. Wouldn't XB and GoDD be something! Ah, life ...

Edited by N'eo

I'm about to be rather blunt, but anyone who voted for Danny Gare ahead of Rene Robert or future HOFer Dave Andreychuk need their head examined. I have no problem with Mike Ramsey here, as he is the second best D in Sabres history, but for Gare to be placed ahead of these other forwards is simply wrong.

I'm about to be rather blunt, but anyone who voted for Danny Gare ahead of Rene Robert or future HOFer Dave Andreychuk need their head examined. I have no problem with Mike Ramsey here, as he is the second best D in Sabres history, but for Gare to be placed ahead of these other forwards is simply wrong.

I don't wanna be right.....

So who are some names people would like to see come up in polls as we near the bottom of the top 10?

In addition to what we have on the poll now, I'd add Miller and Edwards. Vanek is 5th all time in goals, top 10 all time in points.  I think you could make a case there (ducks). 

it's gonna get real tough once we get out of the top 10.

And it is amazing how the all time stats are dominated by players from the teams' first decade.

And it is amazing how the all time stats are dominated by players from the teams' first decade.

Not if you take into consideration the fact that the NHL strongly discourages the scoring of goals for about the last decade and a half.

Hawerchuck deserves consideration.  He was 2nd fiddle behind LaFontaine, but he was still a beast.

92-93:  LaFontaine with 148 points, Mogilny with 76 goals, Hawerchuck with 96 points.  *swoons*

Hawerchuck holds #7 and #8 season points totals.  Huge names in front of his, LaFontaine, Mogliny, Perreault, Turgeon, Robert.

Turgeon.....He's gotta be coming soon, no?

Hawerchuck deserves consideration.  He was 2nd fiddle behind LaFontaine, but he was still a beast.

92-93:  LaFontaine with 148 points, Mogilny with 76 goals, Hawerchuck with 96 points.  *swoons*

Hawerchuck holds #7 and #8 season points totals.  Huge names in front of his, LaFontaine, Mogliny, Perreault, Turgeon, Robert.

Turgeon.....He's gotta be coming soon, no?

I put Turgeon ahead of Hawerchuk. Ducky was a transient player. As was PLF.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.