Buffalo Sabres top 50 of all time

Hoss

Buffalo Sabres Top 50  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the tenth best player in Sabres history?

• Craig Ramsay
    • Ryan Miller
    • Jim Schoenfield
    • Rene Robert

At the risk of repeating myself (I'm old!), I'll re-tell this. I attended a season kickoff lunch in Tampa years ago. Players were dispersed and Richer sat at my table. As the lunch closed, I leaned over and asked about his memories of Phil Housley. His face was priceless. Think sheepish grin, not gloating smirk. "I think I got him traded!"

Brad May's rookie year. May and Richer jawed at each other several times. They ended up dropping the gloves. When asked about it after the game, May said Richer told him "You're just another in a long line of Sabre pussies". May proved him wrong that night.

Hated Richer. Wished he wore blue and gold.

Edited by We've

I don't feel like I can really vote in this thread. Not enough experience or context.

This is a very good point. Some of these players I won't have watched play live, which is a huge component to understanding how good someone is. Therefore it's tough to make comparisons sometimes.

Brad May's rookie year. May and Richer jawed at each other several times. They ended up dropping the gloves. When asked about it after the game, May said Richer told him "You're just another in a long line of Sabre pussies". May proved him wrong that night.

Hated Richer. Wished he wore blue and gold.

Could've sworn that was Shayne Carson. My mind, my mind ... Edited by N'eo

This one feels relatively close. Mogilny with a late push.

Anybody have nominations to replace whoever wins this poll for the fourth-place poll? Or do we think we've got the right three for the next best?

We're rapidly approaching the point where the 3 D have to be included, Shoney, Ramsey, Housley.

We're rapidly approaching the point where the 3 D have to be included, Shoney, Ramsey, Housley.

I'll include whoever the people start talking about. I don't think we should think at all about position, so I don't think we need to force a defenseman onto the list. If they get nominated and voted for then cool.

Housley could not hold a candle to Schoenfeld or Ramsey.

Bill Hajt was better then Schoeny as was Jerry Korab. I grew up watching those teams and they had a great group of D. Schoeny was a solid stay at home guy who was physical and added a touch of O, but frankly he wasn't as good defensively as Hajt and wasn't as physical or add the offense of Korab. He also only played 584 games in Buffalo (228 pts). Korab played 537 with 283 pts and in his prime he averaged over 10 goals and nearly 50 pts per season. Hajt played 854 gms in Buffalo and his +321 is the Buffalo franchise leader.

Imho Jim is 5th behind Housley, Ramsey, Korab and Hajt.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This is gonna be fun when we get to the Turgeons, Howerchuks, Satans and Vaneks ... and Edwards, and Sauves .... and Barassos ... and Bodgers, and and and ...

Rico, there is not on player who scared the hell of goalies like rick. He would come down the wing with that slapperRico, there is not on player who scared the hell of goalies like rick. He would come down the wing with that slapper

You can say that again!

Each of the guys nominated for 4th are to a large degree 1 trick ponies. (But what tricks they are.) Oddly, the one that was more well rounded (Schoeny) is the 1 w/ no votes so far.

Whimpley was hellacious in his own end. Would have a very hard time voting for him.

Do I have Craig Ramsey too high?

Each of the guys nominated for 4th are to a large degree 1 trick ponies. (But what tricks they are.) Oddly, the one that was more well rounded (Schoeny) is the 1 w/ no votes so far.

Whimpley was hellacious in his own end. Would have a very hard time voting for him.

I disagree that Mike Ramsey was a one trick pony.  He wasn't a big point producer, but he certainly was mobile, and saw his share of powerplay time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.