Evander Kane injury

Hoss

He absolutely should be on the 3rd line.

Unfortunely, the head coach doesn't see this and only a couple of days ago saw having Eichel on the left 1/2 boards on the pp being a good thing. The silver lining in all the injuries is that he doesn't really have enough bodies left to NOT put together reasonable lines.

I continue to feel the sting of losing Babcock more than losing the lottery :(

Edit: BTW, take a look at today's practice lines. Looks like Bylsma has accepted your challenge of needing to assemble sensible lines.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

A big part of my liking Girgensons & Eichel together is 1 of the 2 of them would carry the puck into the zone nearly every time. And the line generated scoring chances because they controlled the puck. But BECAUSE they'd carry it in is probably why they got broken up. (We'll forgive Eichel the transgression but NEVER the other guy. :doh:)

Some silicon-based alien, making its first visit to Earth, might observe that they both are human.

I think it ends right about there, though.

Bots. The board has Bots.

Trump.

In the NFL you can realistically have an idea of your teams chances at making the playoffs when a key player(s) go down early. Only 16 games. It's crazy to think this has possibly gone down in the NHL. 82 game season. In a very short time the Sabres possibly went from being a contender for a playoff spot to what will the draft pick be.

Do not envy him w/ trying to breathe the next few weeks. That'll suck.

Broke two ribs years ago.  It'll be at least a month of careful breathing.  And coughing/sneezing/laughing will bring stars.  It'll still hurt this time next year.  But..... if you can handle the pain you can play.  And Evander has a rep for a high pain threshold.

Non-displaced fracture of the ribula.

LOL

So are cracked ribs the same as broken ribs?  Never heard a guy with a cracked leg.

Yea cracked, fractured, broken all the same thing... Only question is type of fracture... displace... a worry for his lungs;  comminuted (another name for broken in pieces), compression, green line, non-displaced,,, and other I am too tired to remember....  But yep all the above words mean basically the same thing...

Sid is a grinder, and the best one ever, but he has impeccable edge work and balance. Which of his injuries were a result of his style? The Myers hit that made him miss like a year was a check that happens to all players, IIRC.

I don't think a Myers hit did that. His longest absence was Steckel from the winter classic, then Hedman right after, I believe.

Have you seen Crosby's concussions? People head hunt him

Kane's MCL last year was the direct result of him flying 100mph into the board to try and hit someone. Last night, you think Crosby tries to outmuscle a notorious dick head like Emelin in the dying seconds of a period? I don't. Probably would have found a smarter way to get to the puck

Your memory of his injury last year is way off. It's a routine play where he's not even going THAT fast, and he's going for the puck as any player should, not a hit. He goes in first, and Schlemko knees him from behind. It's both a bad play by Schlemko and a fluke.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/evander-kane-suffers-leg-injury-in-sabres-loss-to-devils

There's the video.

Not a reckless play from Kane.

Edited by Thorny

Edit: BTW, take a look at today's practice lines. Looks like Bylsma has accepted your challenge of needing to assemble sensible lines.

Make no mistake, Bylsma on notice this season - Injuries or not, he either makes sure the team improves, or GMTM is making changes.

The days of Status Quo are over.

Edited by Kristian

Make no mistake, Bylsma on notice this season - Injuries or not, he either makes sure the team improves, or GMTM is making changes.

The days of Status Quo are over.

I just can't see Murray bailing on Bylsma less than two years into a five year contract. My expectation is Bylsma is perfectly safe until into next season.

I just can't see Murray bailing on Bylsma less than two years into a five year contract. My expectation is Bylsma is perfectly safe until into next season.

I agree, but only because I think GMTM knows he hasn't assembled the best team he can yet. When he likes his roster, then DDB is on notice.

I agree, but only because I think GMTM knows he hasn't assembled the best team he can yet. When he likes his roster, then DDB is on notice.

Eh, not sure Murray is waiting for the perfect team to evaluate his coach. I just don't think he's pulling the plug on his first real coaching hire especially quickly. He'd have to think there's something catastrophically wrong with what Bylsma's doing.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Eh, not sure Murray is waiting for the perfect team to evaluate his coach. I just don't think he's pulling the plug on his first real coaching hire especially quickly. He'd have to think there's something catastrophically wrong with what Bylsma's doing.

I mean, I could find something...

Oh man, even I don't think Bylsma could keep throwing Gorges out there if we got Fowler. And I hate Bylsma! Is your hate really stronger than mine?

My hate boils deeper beneath the surface because I have a friend who is a Pens fan who warned me day 1 that I'd hate Bylsma. Watching your frustration with him has confirmed my friend's complaints.

Now we're talking about firing the coach after one game, one season after a 28 point improvement?

This place has officially lost it. I used to think this place went dramatically overboard, but this is absolute silliness.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I don't think a Myers hit did that. His longest absence was Steckel from the winter classic, then Hedman right after, I believe.

Your memory of his injury last year is way off. It's a routine play where he's not even going THAT fast, and he's going for the puck as any player should, not a hit. He goes in first, and Schlemko knees him from behind. It's both a bad play by Schlemko and a fluke.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/evander-kane-suffers-leg-injury-in-sabres-loss-to-devils

There's the video.

Not a reckless play from Kane.

On Sid, you're probably right. I do believe that Myers aggravated one of Sid's injuries at some point though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.