KeyBank Arena Experience and Social Marketing

LGR4GM

Why on earth would they want to take eyeballs off the telecasts and ears off the broadcasts? If you want to add value, provide commentary, analysis, advanced stats, hot takes etc. Anyway, isn't Twitter on the way out? Do you want to rear a generation of future fans on a virtual experience, then possibly have that virtual experience go out of fashion? What are you stuck with then?

I was heard to tell PA "nah, man, nah - lemme 'splain this to you" about this, but now one of my favourite writers/tweeters thinks the same thing:

http://deadspin.com/twitter-must-die-1792127895

• 6 months later...

I debated where to plunk this, and this is as good a spot as any.

Dave Davis posted this to Twitter. It is an absolute gem - from not too, too long ago.

I put the clip here because ... listen to that crowd. On February 17th! It was a Friday - so that probably helped.

It's also appropriate that I posted above looking for PA. I really hope he sees this.

Dave Davis posted this to Twitter. It is an absolute gem - from not too, too long ago.

I put the clip here because ... listen to that crowd. On February 17th! It was a Friday - so that probably helped.

It's also appropriate that I posted above looking for PA. I really hope he sees this.

That's awesome.

I wonder what they taped it with?  It looks like a cell phone video, but they didn't have those then.  It is almost, sort of, 30 years ago.

PA is taking the summer off, although he did make a surprise guest appearance when JBOT was hired, or maybe it was when Housley was hired.  He told me he plans to be back for the season.

I was there.   I miss it.

Sabres announce changes from the upcoming season.

Including Fan Giveaways, improvement of the One Buffalo App that will give wait times for concession stands, restrooms and allow for mobile food ordering.

More organ music playing during game stoppages.

Another feature will be a new 89 dollar Per Month Flex Package Subscription.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/whats-new-this-season/c-290735396

• 1 month later...

Just received an email urging me to buy single game tix for the home opener, which is next week.

I know that there's some optimism among the hardcore faithful (like, here), but if they're not selling out a home opener against MTL, I wonder what that means for their overall ticket sale performance.

Just received an email urging me to buy single game tix for the home opener, which is next week.

I know that there's some optimism among the hardcore faithful (like, here), but if they're not selling out a home opener against MTL, I wonder what that means for their overall ticket sale performance.

You don't understand:  They saved a pair of tickets just for you.  ;)

(I mean, it's just not a Sabres home game without That Aud Smell.)

It speaks to the thought that the general population has little to no optimism at all, which isn't surprising when their team has missed the playoffs for 6 straight seasons, and hasn't won a playoff series in over a decade. It makes perfect sense, really: most fans are more casual, and don't spend countless time analyzing and attempting to arrange the detailed puzzle pieces that make up the Buffalo Sabres into a picture that looks promising, like we do here.

The general population won't do that. They'll just look how the Sabres Puzzle turned out in previous seasons, and wait to see how the picture actually physically looks this season before shelling out their hard earned $.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.