Girgensons signs one-year, $1+ million deal

Hoss

Girgensons got the contract he earned with his play last year.

He probably could have got another $500,000 AAV in a multi-year deal, but he'd rather get a lot more in next summer's contract by producing like he did two years ago.

Murray probably said prove it and you'll get paid.

Zemgus bet on himself. That's one of the things I love about him.

Edited by dudacek

Between Foligno and Girgensons, it's a make or break year for my current sabres jersey wardrobe.

Yikes.

LOL me too. My closet has a Foligno, a new never worn autographed Girgs, and a Kane. Now what? 

Meh.  My Stafford is a has-been.

Your Stafford will be rebadged at some point though. My Ott jersey, well I wish I never rebadged that one for Kane lol and the Floigno jersey I doubt any player coming in will want 82. I guess we have to put our faith in Rip that somebody does indeed end up wearing 82

Your Stafford will be rebadged at some point though. My Ott jersey, well I wish I never rebadged that one for Kane lol and the Floigno jersey I doubt any player coming in will want 82. I guess we have to put our faith in Rip that somebody does indeed end up wearing 82

Naw.  No point in rebadging a Sluggo.

Just remember not to tread anywhere Auston Matthews may have been. Never know how much of his despicable humanity and general sociopathy is contagious.

Lol, that's great TB!  lol  I'm going to be going semi frequently to Coyotes games, especially if Buffalo ever makes it out here. :D

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/09/03/power-take-girgensons-new-deal-is-a-good-fit/

I agree with Bucky that Big Z isn't a first line guy on a good team or contender, but I think he has the game to be a 3rd line center on a contender.  While I also agree this is his year to prove it, I think he needs to be put in the right situation by the coaches and management.  The funny thing is I think the best thing for him this season is to start the year in a 3rd/4th line center role with Moulson on one wing and Bailey on the other.  I'd like to see DD basically tell them to go out there forecheck and be physical and see what happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.