If You Owned the Sabres For a Day....

WildCard

I'd personally fire Rob Ray and give him a life time supply of pocket squares.

Trade Moulson for a pack of Genny. 

+1 on pushing Shanny down a flight of stairs and slapping Jeremy Jacobs. 

Change the logo back to the black and red.  (Though I love the originals)

Extend Tim Murray. 

+1 on raising a 1999 banner that reads "No goal".

I would corner Bettman in private and have him admit the foot was in the crease.

No way he acknowledges it publicly, but, tell me face to face you $&@;:$? Up!

I think Bettman would acknowledge it. He'd then say it didn't matter.

Alright these are awesome. Keep'm coming!

PA, how the hell have you not visited this thread yet?

"For a day" is throwing me off. Wouldn't the real owner just undo anything he didn't like the next day?

But I would take the horn out. I've always disliked it. I would have Chet and Muffy clank their tea cups instead.

Original jerseys

A series of 3 "carnivals" that promote player/fan interaction, so that those that travel more than five hours can make a mini vacation with their families and create fans out of the young ones (I have two daughters that attended a carnival with me in 2001 and have been fans ever since)

Own sports channel. Tired of knick commercials.

Oh, and ban orange from everything in the arena. Color makes me sick

Original jerseys

A series of 3 "carnivals" that promote player/fan interaction, so that those that travel more than five hours can make a mini vacation with their families and create fans out of the young ones (I have two daughters that attended a carnival with me in 2001 and have been fans ever since)

Own sports channel. Tired of knick commercials.

Oh, and ban orange from everything in the arena. Color makes me sick

The Bandits might grump on that.

I don't understand this.  

?? You know the beer shelf that TB had added above the urinals? You don't recall that? A bunch of people bitched that there was no place to put their beer when they went to the Men's room so he installed a shelf above the urinals. I would rather they added a divider between the urinals. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??? Lol.

?? You know the beer shelf that TB had added above the urinals? You don't recall that? A bunch of people bitched that there was no place to put their beer when they went to the Men's room so he installed a shelf above the urinals. I would rather they added a divider between the urinals. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??? Lol.

Have you ever been to a Bills game?

Of course. And after getting tired of the trough I upgraded to Chet and Muffy seats in the Van Miller Club.

I guess it just doesn't bother me. I think the trough is hilarious

I love that beer shelf though

Edited by WildCard

It's the "I don't take beers to the bathroom unless I'm done before getting there" part I don't understand.  If you've already finished the beer, why are you bringing it into the bathroom?

Live Stream every game, Lock Betman in an outhouse up in Ontario lake country guarded by Bears and Rattle snakes and make him watch Doug and Bob Mackenzie reruns.

Make Shanny run into a brick wall 10,000 times at gun point.

Take a two by four to Lucic's nose.

Shove a two by four up Chris Neal

Name Shoeney defensive coach

Have an outdoor game played in harbor on Lake Erie dead of winter

Stands to be built along breakwalls

Move Carolina to Quebec

Outlaw anyone being a Cane fan

make Cam Neely GM of the Bruins for life

It's the "I don't take beers to the bathroom unless I'm done before getting there" part I don't understand.  If you've already finished the beer, why are you bringing it into the bathroom?

If I'm headed to the bathroom and take my beer with me it will be done before I enter the bathroom. No need for a shelf.

Ice Girls, The Sabrette's?

Swim Suit night

bring back the Earl of Bud

increase width of ice surface by 5ft to 200x90

fly Jimmy Vesey in on my private jet just to tell him to stop being a whiny little bitch

Make it so we can reporters' questions at press conferences. All time pet peeve.

Reporter: mumblemumblemumble

Whoever, answering: Oh, absolutely.

This times 1,000. It especially irks me when they get asked about a specific player but you can't hear who and the answers go right into "I thought he played a good game. He showed good vision and tenacity, etc." It makes me listen to fewer press conferences than I normally would.

This is a variation on something someone already mentioned upthread, but I would definitely eliminate most of the canned music that plays during stoppages and replace it with some combination of organ-initiated chants (e.g. "Let's go Buffalo") and nothing a-tall.

And none of the canned music can be stuff that plays at 20 other sports arenas -- it's gotta be original.

The red alternate jersey (I have a sweet Stu Barnes model) would be the only goathead-era jersey that is permitted for throwback games -- maybe once or twice per year.

$20-per-ticket student section in the nosebleeds for every home game.

If you get busted at the game for getting too sauced and getting in a fight/throwing up/passing out/other similar behavior, you get a choice of 2 nights in jail or 2 12-hour days picking up litter and repainting graffiti.

Someone senior from the GM's office would do one hour per day online Q&A with fans via live chat or similar setup.

Major blowout celebration outside the arena/on waterfront with free food and drinks each time we win the Cup.

Most importantly, I would give my undercover moles at SabreSpace a big raise, and let them use the black helicopters and the mind control machines whenever they want.

Game on!

This is a variation on something someone already mentioned upthread, but I would definitely eliminate most of the canned music that plays during stoppages and replace it with some combination of organ-initiated chants (e.g. "Let's go Buffalo") and nothing a-tall.

And none of the canned music can be stuff that plays at 20 other sports arenas -- it's gotta be original.

The red alternate jersey (I have a sweet Stu Barnes model) would be the only goathead-era jersey that is permitted for throwback games -- maybe once or twice per year.

If you get busted at the game for getting too sauced and getting in a fight/throwing up/passing out/other similar behavior, you get a choice of 2 nights in jail or 2 12-hour days picking up litter and repainting graffiti.

Someone senior from the GM's office would do one hour per day online Q&A with fans via live chat or similar setup.

Major blowout celebration outside the arena/on waterfront with free food and drinks each time we win the Cup.

Most importantly, I would give my undercover moles at SabreSpace a big raise, and let them use the black helicopters and the mind control machines whenever they want.

Game on!

nfreeman for owner, please. Especially that student section part. I'd be there every game.

nfreeman for owner, please. Especially that student section part. I'd be there every game.

The best section in the building for crowd fun when they have the student section now.

Ice Girls, The Sabrette's?

Swim Suit night

bring back the Earl of Bud

increase width of ice surface by 5ft to 200x90

fly Jimmy Vesey in on my private jet just to tell him to stop being a whiny little bitch

I like that ice increase

Maybe next we'll do if you were commissioner for a day

Make it so we can reporters' questions at press conferences. All time pet peeve.

Reporter: mumblemumblemumble

Whoever, answering: Oh, absolutely.

Agreed, this is ###### miserable. I've given up trying to adjust the volume on the fly and hope for context cues at this point 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.