Rnd 5 Pick 129 - Sabres - Philip Nyberg - D - Sweden

Taro T

He's a 6'3 Swedish defenseman who is coming here to play college hockey next year.  I'm in love with Concept of Nyberg.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-wisconsin-adds-swedish-defenseman-philip-nyberg/article_b0281194-7a4f-5f42-a467-7fd43d24ac07.html

The University of Wisconsin men's hockey team announced that defenseman Philip Nyberg will join the Badgers for the 2016-17 season.

Nyberg, born in Karlskrona, Sweden, spent last season with Linköping HC J20 in Sweden's SuperElit league. In 45 games he recorded four goals and 18 points. 

"He is a very athletic, explosive skater," UW head coach Tony Granato said in a news release. "His first two steps are really good. He's also a quality person from a quality family with great character."

Nyberg, a 6-foot-3, 192-pound defenseman, is the fourth signing of the spring for the Badgers. Goaltenders Jack Berry and Johan Blomquist and defenseman JD Greenway make up the rest of the signing class. 

Edited by Robviously

They didn't even let him hold it in front of a couple of interns & Hamsammich? That's just wrong.

No one thought Budik was in Buffalo.  So after the ersatz Nyberg, i.e., Budik, concluded, everyone just figured, ok, none of the sixths and sevenths will be here (they were wrong), let's go.

No one thought Budik was in Buffalo.  So after the ersatz Nyberg, i.e., Budik, concluded, everyone just figured, ok, none of the sixths and sevenths will be here (they were wrong), let's go.

So, none of the media stuck around for the last 2 rounds of the draft? The Sabres couldn't talk 2 or 3 people into coming back in the room to let this kid have his 2 minutes in the spotlight? Seems sad. It's not like he's got a high probability of actually making it to the show. Let him have his moment.

Sabre site has video clips up of all the prospects that were there except the two fifth-rounders.

Also has shot of Murray, Pegula and Bylsma with the same group minus Nylander plus one other, who I assume is Budik.

Maybe Nyberg actually wasn't there?

Sabre site has video clips up of all the prospects that were there except the two fifth-rounders.

Also has shot of Murray, Pegula and Bylsma with the same group minus Nylander plus one other, who I assume is Budik.

Maybe Nyberg actually wasn't there?

They said that they there were a few not present, which look to be Nyberg and Goltov.  Unless I'm missing someone else. 

Apparently our media didn't!

Our media can't even bother to pronounce our players names correctly or consistently. Do you really expect them to know what they look like?

On the bright side for Philip, Sabrespace does have 2 threads dedicated to just him.

They said that they there were a few not present, which look to be Nyberg and Goltov.  Unless I'm missing someone else.

According to the Jack Good article in the Pick 130 thread, Nyberg did show up to the interview room, but after everybody'd left. Was that incorrect & he didn't show up at all?

If he was there, strange that he missed the picture as well.

Guy seems custom made for an old Genny commercial:

Hey, Nyberg, you get to go to the NHL draft! That's GREAT!

You have to pay your own way. THAT'S not so good.

Hey Nyberg, the Sabres picked you in the 5th. That's GREAT.

Nobody in the organization will ever be in the same room with you ever again. THAT'S not so good. Boy, could I go for a Genny now. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.