Minnesota Wild buys out Thomas Vanek's contract

Buffaslug

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...Remember when EDM made that RFA offer sheet right after we lost Drury and Briere? Could have had 4 1st round picks. High ones too. But at that point Quinn couldn't let another another Sabres star walk.

Maybe this post will be the last time I EVER HEAR ABOUT THE 4 1ST ROUND PICKS WE COULD HAVE HAD FOR HIM.

Several Sources, including WGR citing a Minnie newspaper writer are claiming Vanek is being bought out.

Sad to watch the downfall of a man that could decide to be a superstar any night he wanted, though for some reason rarely wanted.

I doubt anyone wants another kick at the vanek can, but he's got to be pretty butt-hurt as the rumors and dreaming that vanek was going to minnesota are now looking to have lasted longer than vanek's actual tenure in minnesota.

wonder where he goes now that he got dejected from his true love.

Vanek could not "decide to be a superstar any night he wanted." Dude wanted to be good at hockey and win. He was what he was: a good but not great player who was forced into being the best forward on Darcy's crappy team for years. He's not the same player that he used to be because his body is breaking down. Y'know, from all the brutal abuse he took in front of the net while wearing blue and gold.

Vanek wasn't a leader or a superstar. He was a regular guy that got way too much scorn from a fanbase starving for a real hockey team.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Vanek could not "decide to be a superstar any night he wanted." Dude wanted to be good at hockey and win. He was what he was: a good but not great player who was forced into being the best forward on Darcy's crappy team for years. He's not the same player that he used to be because his body is breaking down. Y'know, from all the brutal abuse he took in front of the net while wearing blue and gold.

Vanek wasn't a leader or a superstar. He was a regular guy that got way too much scorn from a fanbase starving for a real hockey team.

I like angry qwk.

Remember when Vogl reported that the Sabres were willing to make Vanek the highest paid player in the league (circa Sept./Oct. 2013)?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/report-sabres-were-willing-to-make-thomas-vanek-highest-paid-in-nhl/

Alright I will be that person, any interest in a 1-2 year deal at 2-3 million per?

No.

Still blaming Lindy, eh?  Even though 3 other teams (Montreal, Austrian national team and Minnesota), once they saw him up close, wanted nothing more to do with him?

I get your point, but I will say this - Only an idiot comes out to say that he wants to turn your only 40-goal scorer in 8 years, into the "best 2-way forward in the game".

Yeah, those 40-goal guys are a dime a dozen, let's turn this guy into Curtis Brown v 2.0.

No.

I get your point, but I will say this - Only an idiot comes out to say that he wants to turn your only 40-goal scorer in 8 years, into the "best 2-way forward in the game".

Yeah, those 40-goal guys are a dime a dozen, let's turn this guy into Curtis Brown v 2.0.

Well, I think Lindy was thinking more along the lines of Hossa or Toews.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...Remember when EDM made that RFA offer sheet right after we lost Drury and Briere? Could have had 4 1st round picks. High ones too. But at that point Quinn couldn't let another another Sabres star walk.

We kept the wrong guy.  Should have kept one of the co-captains and let Thomas walk.

Well that's what happens when you get superstar money.  You get treated like one, which includes disdain from the fan base when they realize you're not one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.