Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Better than shultz. Shultz has really been bad too

Schultz has mostly been a mess as a pro, but I remember him getting a ton of hype coming out.

Adam Oates and Ray Stasiak were the first in my memory and had half the league bidding on them. In the last few years, Dan Dekeyser, Alexander Sustr, Blake Wheeler, Kevin Hayes all were sought after by numerous teams.

Man, I always forget about Wheeler. What a player.

Looks like no decision today according to his agent Peter Fish from this Boston radio station

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2016/08/18/agent-jimmy-veseys-decision-wont-come-thursday/

So no news is good news or just drawing it out to make it look like he didn't have his mind made up already?

So no news is good news or just drawing it out to make it look like he didn't have his mind made up already?

I would say rushing this and not sleeping on it would be an unwise move.. He set up a real reasonable time table so we just need to wait..

think Buffalo's youth and the fact he will fit right in and grow with this team would be most attractive to him

He can play for Buffalo for the next 5 years and still be playing next to the same solid core all at their peak of play...

I'm sure he';s over run with line-mate and team scenarios but in the end its Buffalo.. Boston is slipping behind, NJ is a bot fo mess. Pitts maybe attractive but they are over the cap and the core pieces there will be on the other side of the peak most likely...  Chicago is further away then Detroit and he told Detroit no.. and NY Isles / Rangers are in play, but you better love big city life... and neither of those teams have the youth movement of Buffalo...

all opinion.. but I like our chances

Adam Oates and Ray Stasiak were the first in my memory and had half the league bidding on them. In the last few years, Dan Dekeyser, Alexander Sustr, Blake Wheeler, Kevin Hayes all were sought after by numerous teams.

Oates, Dekeyser, Sustr and Hayes were all undrafted.

Wheeler is a good comparable but was a July 1 free agent. Wheeler was better as a prospect, though. Easily.

The extended summer with zero other hockey news and no real difference aside from the player's preference is new territory.

Oates, Dekeyser, Sustr and Hayes were all undrafted.

Wheeler is a good comparable but was a July 1 free agent. Wheeler was better as a prospect, though. Easily.

The extended summer with zero other hockey news and no real difference aside from the player's preference is new territory.

Hayes wasn't undrafted. He walked away from Chicago which should have demonized him more then Vesey.

That's either a really fast kid or really slow chickens. By the way, Usain Bolt has never run one mile.

Looks like no decision today according to his agent Peter Fish from this Boston radio station

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2016/08/18/agent-jimmy-veseys-decision-wont-come-thursday/

These guys are all assclowns. And I think Iove it.

Correct. Wasn't really thinking on that one. I do think Vesey is a better prospect than Hayes.

Hayes, like Wheeler was a number one draft pick. Schultz was considered an elite prospect. All three were considered by most hockey observers to be at least on Vesey's level.

It really isn't any different except that Buffalo is a legitimate option now and suddenly people who haven't seen him skate one shift know what kind of hockey player he is and people who could be sitting next to him on a plane without the slightest clue who he is know what kind of person he is.

What Darryl says is correct, Buffalo cuz:

Jack

Young team

Fish is agents to vesey And eichel

Sabres hands off no pressure approach was perfect

Top 6 minutes and pp minutes most likely with buffalo

Sabres drafted Fitzgerald, his best friend

Sabres salary cap situation translates well to 2nd contract

Buffalo 50 min flight from boston

Buffalo leaves it's stars alone - lower pressure

All 8 places have their good points. Vesey is a smart guy, no other place can match all these Buffalo positives

What Darryl says is correct, Buffalo cuz:

Jack

Young team

Fish is agents to vesey And eichel

Sabres hands off no pressure approach was perfect

Top 6 minutes and pp minutes most likely with buffalo

Sabres drafted Fitzgerald, his best friend

Sabres salary cap situation translates well to 2nd contract

Buffalo 50 min flight from boston

Buffalo leaves it's stars alone - lower pressure

All 8 places have their good points. Vesey is a smart guy, no other place can match all these Buffalo positives

When Union College recruited the players that started making their program better, they were sold on playing time. They weren't necessarily the best players being sought after, but they were team players with enough talent to be 2nd or 3rd liners on the good junior teams. This translated to wins.

I really hope this point is what sells Jimmy.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Buffalo is a legitimate option now and suddenly people who haven't seen him skate one shift know what kind of hockey player he is and people who could be sitting next to him on a plane without the slightest clue who he is know what kind of person he is.

I like this and it's so true. I'm sure his head is spinning today.

To recap, we know that he is a good if not great player and his age is to his advantage to step on the ice right away. Not some green kid. We know that Clode Julien said he thinks he will be solid player that will score 21-25 goals. (I can't believe he said that)

I agree that if I was sitting next to him on a plane I wouldn't have a clue about what kind of person he is. Except that I picture him wearing a fedora and that tells me all I need to know about him and it's not a very flattering perception.

Tomorrow, I hope to welcome Jimmy Vesey as the newest member of the Buffalo Sabres!

The move by Murray to trade for Vesey's rights will prove to be a massive one. Vesey had more talk with the Sabres than anyone else, and it'll turn out we owned his rights for juuuuuuuuust enough time for a *slight* Stamkos Effect to be triggered in his mind: After a barrage of offers from a bunch of teams in a matter of days, Vesey will feel satisfied enough by the, "Well, at least I truly explored all my options" quotient of his decision making process, enough to absolve himself of any feelings of regret he may have felt had he not fully played out the process. He will slide back to the comfortable, to the familiar. The Eichel effect - an ever compelling force - guiding his way, as he signs on the dotted line with the team that traded for his rights months ago.

Jimmy will be a member of the Sabres.

The move by Murray to trade for Vesey's rights will prove to be a massive one. Vesey had more talk with the Sabres than anyone else, and it'll turn out we owned his rights for juuuuuuuuust enough time for a *slight* Stamkos Effect to be triggered in his mind: After a barrage of offers from a bunch of teams in a matter of days, Vesey will feel satisfied enough by the, "Well, at least I truly explored all my options" quotient of his decision making process, enough to absolve himself of any feelings of regret he may have felt had he not fully played out the process. He will slide back to the comfortable, to the familiar. The Eichel effect - an ever compelling force - guiding his way, as he signs on the dotted line with the team that traded for his rights months ago.

Jimmy will be a member of the Sabres.

Or I will have to listen to another 2 months of bitching from people because we traded that 3rd round pick. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.