Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

So Vesey's short list is Buffalo, Boston, Toronto and Chicago. Can't picture another team being on that list, but I am just a fan. Vesey will have his highest chance of individual success in Chicago if can earn a spot on their 2nd line. Helps set up his 2nd contract.

Edited by GoPre

Oh and a 3rd round pick chances of turning into a Vesey quality player are low. Very low, even if he doesn't sign it's a good deal to make. This board over values late 3rd rounders.

If Vesey goes to Chicago, he has to make that 1st line cuz Kane and Panarin aren't getting split up. That means tough minutes against other top lines with Toews. That's a tough slot but could appeal to him.

Oh and a 3rd round pick chances of turning into a Vesey quality player are low. Very low, even if he doesn't sign it's a good deal to make. This board over values late 3rd rounders.

If Vesey goes to Chicago, he has to make that 1st line cuz Kane and Panarin aren't getting split up. That means tough minutes against other top lines with Toews. That's a tough slot but could appeal to him.

As long as the probability is greater than the odds, 3rd rounders will always be prized assets in these parts. 

With Shaw gone there is a spot open

Wondering if CHI might not offer the same bonus package as Buffalo.  $925k cap hit can easily turn into around $3.5m (as it did with Panarin) and $3.5m is nothing for Buffalo but significant to CHI.  I'd also think that PIT might be on the list, maybe NJ, maybe PHI??

So Vesey's short list is Buffalo, Boston, Toronto and Chicago. Can't picture another team being on that list, but I am just a fan. Vesey will have his highest chance of individual success in Chicago if can earn a spot on their 2nd line. Helps set up his 2nd contract.

2nd contract would pay more in Buffalo. Guess he's coming because he's greedy then.

There's just something about this situation I'm not liking.  Now we're saying he's got an opportunity to be on the top line in Chicago?  I think either we're or he's getting way ahead of himself.  I'm not going to pretend to know college hockey players like a lot of you do - but this seems to be getting stranger and stranger.  He better play well or IMO he's a built in distraction in a sport that is one of the last where that's a problem.

Hell of an opportunity for the kid. He'd be a fool not to consider an offer from the Black Hawks.

GO SABRES!!!

I think it's between us or them. There's nothing we can't offer him that Chicago can't, other than Eichel and proximity

There's just something about this situation I'm not liking. Now we're saying he's got an opportunity to be on the top line in Chicago? I think either we're or he's getting way ahead of himself. I'm not going to pretend to know college hockey players like a lot of you do - but this seems to be getting stranger and stranger. He better play well or IMO he's a built in distraction in a sport that is one of the last where that's a problem.

I don't think he'll be good enough as a rookie to play on Chicagos top line

There's just something about this situation I'm not liking.  Now we're saying he's got an opportunity to be on the top line in Chicago?  I think either we're or he's getting way ahead of himself.  I'm not going to pretend to know college hockey players like a lot of you do - but this seems to be getting stranger and stranger.  He better play well or IMO he's a built in distraction in a sport that is one of the last where that's a problem.

I hear you, but it doesn't matter if he thinks he's a top 6 producer out of the shoot (I personally like that level of confidence), only if Chicago is offering him that chance. He may end up being a total bust, but none of that is pertinent now. 

GO SABRES!!!

I hear you, but it doesn't matter if he thinks he's a top 6 producer out of the shoot (I personally like that level of confidence), only if Chicago is offering him that chance. He may end up being a total bust, but none of that is pertinent now. 

GO SABRES!!!

I hear you too and like I said I'm not knowledgeable enough to look at youtube videos of Vesey and then say he can (fill in the blank).  But darn he's considering Chicago and he'll want top 6 minutes?  There's something uncomfortable about this dude for me.

Who else could fill that hole? If Bowman is there scouting him then he knows Vesey's playing demands; top 6 role

I don't think they have someone for that spot. But I also am not sure Vesey can handle 82 games on the #1 line of Chicago. If I were him I'd play in Buffalo under the protection of ROR and Okposo as the #1 line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.