OT - The 2016 "What the heck are kids saying" language thread

inkman

Thats a southerism Bubba. It means that it is finer than frog hair. Which is another southernism. Both mean quite good.

For example, Did you see that the girl? Hell yeah Bubba she's finer than frog hair

Oh, I got it! I just felt that the phrase didn't get its due, just yet. It got a solid chuckle out of me when I read it.

There are words that are not said by today's youth. At least not w/ the same meaning or purpose. "Ride" could be used when talking about a car. "Hey, nice ride." Something like that.

I thought you were using it as a verb which didn't make sense but as a noun? I don't know if I've ever used it that way and I'm 44.

That one I've never heard

I'm not sure when it was first used, but my first exposure to it was here:

Thats a southerism Bubba. It means that it is finer than frog hair. Which is another southernism. Both mean quite good.

For example, Did you see that the girl? Hell yeah Bubba she's finer than frog hair

The way I heard it, it was referencing strength. Like "This liquor is so strong, it'll knock your Richard into your watch pocket."

How bout fa show and church. Fa show meaning ok or sure and church meaning ###### yeah or i agree

Fo sho? I haven't heard anyone use church since Snoop was dropping it in the early 90s.

You do know fo sho is short for "for sure"?

Edited by inkman

It's a source of legitimate confusion. Some time ago, I Googled it to be sure.

That said, when I first started seeing "Woah", I thought the writer was going for something more old west horse rider in nature -- woe-ah!

Please.

Before Anyone Else.

And please don't disrespect my bae -- or anyone else's -- with such harsh words.

That's the way I've always spelled it. No idea where I got it from. There's probably no correct spelling anyway. Especially if you look at how other languages try to express the same sounds.

This!

I also hear "sick" a lot, it seams.

That's been a long time, at least 10 years I think. (also, seems ;))

I don't have a window to slang; the youngest person I talk to on any regular basis is my wife, who is 9 days younger than I am. Everyone I work with closely is older than I am.

This!

That's been a long time, at least 10 years I think. (also, seems ;))

I don't have a window to slang; the youngest person I talk to on any regular basis is my wife, who is 9 days younger than I am. Everyone I work with closely is older than I am.

Dammit!

I ran on a loop trail around a reservoir last night. I probably made four passes by this 13-ish year old boy who was fishing. When I was done he asked me how far I had run. I told him, then said, "But I'm really feeling it." He repeated "really feeling it" while chuckling. I later got the feeling "really feeling it" for a 50-year-old is not "really feeling it" for a 13-year-old. I have no idea how he took it, other than comically.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.