Key Bank Center aka The FNC

LGR4GM

I do wonder what the price is.  $1,000,000 per year?  You'd think Terry would just bank it, "hockey heaven" and all that.

If he uses the revenue to put back into the team/scouting/facilities then I don't give a what they call the arena.

Nope, not until the last penny has been fracked.

As though he's the only owner who sells naming rights...

It's still the MMarena to me. ;)

The rest of you can call it whatever the #### you want. :P

The MMA would not approve.

I do like "The Bank".

but I was fond of the FN Center.

I am told that my exclusive, inside sources are telling me that the whole deal is about to be scuttled as banking regulators carefully examining the application discovered that the address of the arena was listed as Neo Seymour Knox Plaza III. #gimmejimmy

I tweeted out "the bank" yesterday. This way we just keep the name everytime a bank changes its name or merges.

In keeping with the bank theme, and paying homage to the founders, not to mention it sounding cool, how about fort knox?

I tweeted out "the bank" yesterday. This way we just keep the name everytime a bank changes its name or merges.

In keeping with the bank theme, and paying homage to the founders, not to mention it sounding cool, how about fort knox?

That is actually rather clever

I'm going to really miss the name First Niagara Center. To me, it was the best name for any arena/stadium for the area.  Even though it was named after the bank, the fact it had the name "Niagara" in it was great...it had something to do with the region.

Clearly it's the Sabres who get the naming rights money. The Sabres lease the arena. I don't know what Eleven was driving at. My reply was somewhat incredulous.

Clear how?

I've never negotiated a lease deal where naming rights were of value. And I've never seen the Sabres lease with the Erie County IDA. If the principal tenant of such a building were to have the right to receive that money, the owner would hafta give it to them, I suspect.

Late addition: Well, I'll be derned. H/t, PA.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/08/26/Facilities/First-Niagara.aspx

Vogl notes the deal "bring the Sabres significantly more cash than their previous contract," which had HSBC "set to pay $24 million during the course of a 20-year deal that began in 1995." Sabres President Ted Black said, "It's revenue that we hadn't anticipated. It's not plugged into our budget, so we're just taking advantage of a great opportunity." He added, "We're going to have a group of people on both sides that are used to doing things pretty quickly, pretty aggressively, without a lot of red tape, so we're going to probably be able to do a lot of marketing things together that are maybe outside of the box." The Sabres "goal is to have all the signage changed by the team's home opener on Oct. 14" 

Careful there. 

I was busting on myself not you. Really -- you sharp men of the world didn't know the Sabres got the dough?!

Huh.  I had no idea.  I know thought that Erie County received the money from Rich, too.

It sure seems like the owner of the building should get the dough. Man, these sports owners have quite a racket going.

I was busting on myself not you. 

You're a clever fella. I can't always pick up on these things.

you sharp men of the world didn't know the Sabres got the dough?!

I never gave it much thought. Unlike some. *Ahem*

It sure seems like the owner of the building should get the dough. Man, these sports owners have quite a racket going.

Yep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.