Key Bank Center aka The FNC

LGR4GM

They've spruced it up quite nicely inside.

The in-game production is still pretty middle of the road and unimaginative. They need to find someone with real vision and imagination to make that in-game experience pop a bit more.

That's a subject of a different thread, though, yes? Not sure I could find that one.

So now that we've found the money trail, please allow me to take this thread in a different, but relevant, direction:  What changes would you like to see at the arena next year?

That's pretty broad. Would it be sacrilege to standardize the banners? (Sacrilege in the sense that the original banners would be retired somewhere and the black/red and the goathead and the slug would go away.) The arena proper is fine. I often find myself looking up at those banners and being slightly embarrassed.

That's pretty broad. Would it be sacrilege to standardize the banners? (Sacrilege in the sense that the original banners would be retired somewhere and the black/red and the goathead and the slug would go away.) The arena proper is fine. I often find myself looking up at those banners and being slightly embarrassed.

I want them to standardize the banners.

I also want less loud music in between plays, so I can converse with my friends or whomever during that time and not during play.

And I want at least a couple of healthy food options.

So now that we've found the money trail, please allow me to take this thread in a different, but relevant, direction:  What changes would you like to see at the arena next year?

A team playing there that is entertaining enough to convince me to drive out and spend money.

The rest is chaff.

I tweeted out "the bank" yesterday. This way we just keep the name everytime a bank changes its name or merges.

In keeping with the bank theme, and paying homage to the founders, not to mention it sounding cool, how about fort knox?

Fort Knox: I like it, clever.

The Bank: I like it too, until Fertility Associates of WNY buys the naming rights; it'll still be accurate at least.

Good question.

I suppose it depends on what the lease says.

The default assumption would be the owner gets that money (Erie County).

I thought either his, or Golisanos deal included the arena when they bought the team? Peg does not own the Ralph, his deal was only for the team and Erie county owns the stadium..

I disagree with changing the banners, like them or not, those colours, logos and uniforms are part of the teams history. Changing them would be like trying to wipe out history. There's no reason to be embarrassed by winning banners.....

I want them to standardize the banners.

I also want less loud music in between plays, so I can converse with my friends or whomever during that time and not during play.

And I want at least a couple of healthy food options.

Not sure what it's like at the Key Bank Center, but most places I've been to I'd be happy with edible food. 

I thought either his, or Golisanos deal included the arena when they bought the team? 

Erie County (or some part of it (the IDA?)) most definitely owns the arena. Same deal with the stadium. It does appear, though, that the Sabres franchise receives the money generated by naming rights.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.