Evander Kane - Out rest of season UBI

LGR4GM

The best ability is availability. Chronic injury issues for him and Lehner, smh

Is it possible that management is shelving some of our better players in order to attempt to secure a better draft pick. Could/would they finish the year if the team was fighting for a playoff spot?

The best ability is availability. Chronic injury issues for him and Lehner, smh

Evander I am more tolerant of with injuries because of his style of play. The odds are he will be injured often with his minutes and aggressiveness. 

Lehner is growing more questionable... again.

Is it possible that management is shelving some of our better players in order to attempt to secure a better draft pick. Could/would they finish the year if the team was fighting for a playoff spot?

Losing out only moves them up ~3 slots tops at this point. More likely looking to have all the ammo ready to come out blazing in October.

Should've done that when ROR went out then

Evander I am more tolerant of with injuries because of his style of play. The odds are he will be injured often with his minutes and aggressiveness. 

Lehner is growing more questionable... again.

People here have posted it before, but the dude really needs to calm his , and choose his spots

Should've done that when ROR went out then

People here have posted it before, but the dude really needs to calm his ######, and choose his spots

I know your talking Kane, but the same could be said of Lehner. Fire and passion cannot be coached as far as I'm concerned (a motivational speech for a period or game, sure), but age and some sage advice will help both of them. 

But as far as from a fan watching a team of fire in the belly anti Darcy-ites goes?

I'm loven this season.

Who's GMTM giving us next?

Bust. Every trade Murray made sucks.

Trades away all kinds of players and picks who might play in the NHL for China dolls who have already passed their 23rd birthday.

Can't win a lottery to save his life. hired a coach that only improved the team by 20 points, only improved the PK and PP by a dozen places, and cut the shots against by 10, and failed to match the highest total of come from behind wins in the league by one.

He's had a whole year and a half on the job and he's done nothing.

Yes, of course.  I'd bet a decent amount of cash that Murray is shelving these guys b/c it doesn't hurt the draft order.

Next I'd like to see us get some Rochester guys in the lineup so that, you know, we can "monitor their development at this stage of their career and judge them against NHL competition."

In other words, tank.

Every spot we move up can help.

Maybe in the minority, but I'm really hoping we jump the Yotes and Habs. This team needs to win, and they need to learn how to win. The difference in terms of winning the draft is like 1.5%, and I would trade that every day if it meant a team that was competitive and wanted to claw their way up the standings regardless of the point in it. I don't want to become the Oilers who after 5 top 3 picks in 6 years are still last in the league.

However, if a player gets injured then let them get the medical treatment ASAP so they have longer in the offseason to recover and train

Yes, of course.  I'd bet a decent amount of cash that Murray is shelving these guys b/c it doesn't hurt the draft order.

Next I'd like to see us get some Rochester guys in the lineup so that, you know, we can "monitor their development at this stage of their career and judge them against NHL competition."

In other words, tank.

You can certainly look at it that, or you can look at it as there's no sense rushing guys back for the last game or three of a lost season, which is what almost every team would do in the same situation.

Yes, of course. I'd bet a decent amount of cash that Murray is shelving these guys b/c it doesn't hurt the draft order.

In other words, tank.

Well if you mean Kane and Lehner, I'm fairly certain they are simply injured.

You can certainly look at it that, or you can look at it as there's no sense rushing guys back for the last game or three of a lost season, which is what almost every team would do in the same situation.

Exactly

Bring up someone not named Ellis or O'Reilly.

Please....

You never know.  Cal could get hot and score a couple goals or something....  ;)

Probably why he was so sad when we got Jack instead of McClavical 

This made me laugh a hearty belly laugh.

I'm hoping that "not caring if they are frequently injured" is not on the list of GMTM's ideal player qualities.

Too bad he didn't keep Myers! It's not like HE had his season come to an early end. What a terrible move by Murray! /narrative

Myers had knee surgery already, and now has serious surgery to deal with a chronic hip issue. Just seems relevant here.

Yes, Murray could have traded for the mythical "someone else" - that guy with no flaws. Maybe next time!

Trades away all kinds of players and picks who might play in the NHL for China dolls who have already passed their 23rd birthday.

Can't win a lottery to save his life. hired a coach that only improved the team by 20 points, only improved the PK and PP by a dozen places, and cut the shots against by 10, and failed to match the highest total of come from behind wins in the league by one.

A-freaking-men.

Maybe in the minority, but I'm really hoping we jump the Yotes and Habs. This team needs to win, and they need to learn how to win. The difference in terms of winning the draft is like 1.5%, and I would trade that every day if it meant a team that was competitive and wanted to claw their way up the standings regardless of the point in it. I don't want to become the Oilers who after 5 top 3 picks in 6 years are still last in the league.

However, if a player gets injured then let them get the medical treatment ASAP so they have longer in the offseason to recover and train

Right there with you. Edited by Thorny

No longer being the absolute laughing stock of the NHL isn't enough to make me praise the ground Murray walks on. I'd like to see him make a trade where he doesn't massively overpay because we have 10000 picks and prospects. He improved the team and you can't argue that, but there is most definetly and argument there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.