3/29/2016 Sabres @ Penguins 7:00 PM on MSG

LGR4GM

So. Is there anyone who watched last night and tonight who thinks this team only has to add one defenseman?

We definitely, 100%, no doubt about it have to focus on defensemen this offseason. Far, far and away our biggest need. I don't want Matthews, I don't want a Finn, I want that pick traded for a #1 LHD. We need 2 LHD.

We will be fine at RHD with Ristolainen, Bogosian, Nelson, and Pysyk. We have almost nothing at LHD. Just McCabe.

Well, all the goals have been scored in one net,so I think we got this.

Phuck Schitzburgh.

The officiating has been tough, not that I really want them to call penalties on the Pens, just don't cal them on us for doing the same thing.

We definitely, 100%, no doubt about it have to focus on defensemen this offseason. Far, far and away our biggest need. I don't want Matthews, I don't want a Finn, I want that pick traded for a #1 LHD. We need 2 LHD.

We will be fine at RHD with Ristolainen, Bogosian, Nelson, and Pysyk. We have almost nothing at LHD. Just McCabe.

Fully agreed. I think it's making a huge leap to assume McCabe can be anything more than a bottom pairing guy consistently (he can do it but banking on it is extremely dangerous)

Sure it is. Matthews, Tkachuk, Laine...

It's easy with these names floating through your head.

We need a D. If we actually use the pick, Juolevi if as good as advertised would have a much larger positive impact on our team long term than anyone in the draft other than Matthews, and really, maybe more than him considering what we have at center and how bad our D is. If we get the first pick, we should trade it for a #1 D.

Fantasy finals.............. the one week I really care for Crosby to do well............ if the Sabres are going to let this one blow wide open, can't they let him run wild? If not, break his leg so he misses the playoffs.

Same here, although RO'R has been nice to me tonight.

We need a D. If we actually use the pick, Juolevi if as good as advertised would have a much larger positive impact on our team long term than anyone in the draft other than Matthews, and really, maybe more than him considering what we have at center and how bad our D is. If we get the first pick, we should trade it for a #1 D.

Matthews for Subban. Matthews for Subban....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.