3/29/2016 Sabres @ Penguins 7:00 PM on MSG

LGR4GM

Well after last nights game in which we lost Evander Kane because of ANTICS and saw Eichel and Reinhart have feathers ruffled by ineffective play we get to take on a Penguins team that 8-2-0 in their last ten as they prepare for the playoffs.  Look all I know is the penguins are psychotic and blah blah... Let's be honest yesterdays game was freaking awful.  I mean the Redwings aren't even that good. Ryan O'Reilly is to busy either crashing things into Tim Hortons or accepting Trophies from a drunk Buffalo Reporters guild to score lately. Jack Jack is starting to show signs of good board play and trying to do more but his execution last night was piss poor. Reinhart vanished for large chunks last night until he decided he was better than Jimmy Howard. Our "best" player yesterday was Nelson the 182lb defender who I am starting to pull for because why not!

The Pen Guins are doing their normal thing. Crosby is great. Their wingers could be better. Fleury hasn't sucked recently but that will change in a couple weeks.

Win or lose I wish the meth'd out schedule maker wasn't giving us 4 days off then 3 games in 4 nights but the NHL isn't the smart league ever. Maybe after last nights epic fail the Sabres will come up showing more life than 92 years old's junk on his death bed.  This team doesn't really like to lose so let us see if the 2 minutes of actual hockey they played carries over. It isn't like the stressed themselves out with good play yesterday.

Finally I give you amusing cartoons to make you feel better.

Oh and I would have put line combos but Hot Daniel called and said for today's game Line Combos will be chosen the same way Rip chooses rookie numbers... with lots of beer, a dart board, and Sahlen's hot dogs covered in beer cheese and Bacardi 151.

LOL, can we please have a rule where our GDT thread starter must have his coffee before he begins??? And speaking of thread starter why has WildCard abandoned us?? I'm starting to feel like Tim Robbins son at the end of Mystic River. Where have you gone brother, I mean WildCard??? You are the indisputable best GDT man.

Although it would be hard to imagine us any worse then most of last nights game, the Penguins are on fire and we may be in for big trouble tonight. Hopefully not but I'm not optimistic. Speed teams seems to be our worst enemy and the new and improved Penguins are going to bring plenty of it.

LOL, can we please have a rule where our GDT thread starter must have his coffee before he begins??? And speaking of thread starter why has WildCard abandoned us?? I'm starting to feel like Tim Robbins son at the end of Mystic River. Where have you gone brother, I mean WildCard??? You are the indisputable best GDT man.

Although it would be hard to imagine us any worse then most of last nights game, the Penguins are on fire and we may be in for big trouble tonight. Hopefully not but I'm not optimistic. Speed teams seems to be our worst enemy and the new and improved Penguins are going to bring plenty of it.

Hahaha as much as I appreciate the kind words, jsb, I think woody, Liger, and Egg have done just fine in my absence. Unfortunately, I need to graduate, and my classes are heavy on big projects this semester. I'm still here, I've just been busy for this month

Looking forward to tonight's game. The game last night was just miserable until the end. Hopefully with Kane out, Fasching gets pulled up a few lines, or at least, Bailey is called up. Not sure if the Amerks are in the playoffs yet

Agreed with Liger, too. Nelson looked great last night. What do people project him to be?

You missed the conversation elsewhere, but he apparently projects to be a 3/4 D man. Meanwhile, some here have him pegged as a career AHLer.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Don't listen to his excuses. WC is feeling the fatigue of an 82 game season. Prior to this year he's only been accustomed to starting 40ish GDTs on the College Hockey Circuit. We all knew this was going to be a transitional year for him and I think he's adapted better than expected. Lest we not forget the burnout that happened to 26CB (in fairness, I would have jumped off a building after starting so many hopeless threads during the midst of the uber-tank era).

Anyone expecting us not to get smoked tonight? 

Crosby is going to eat us alive, I guarantee it.

Don't listen to his excuses. WC is feeling the fatigue of an 82 game season. Prior to this year he's only been accustomed to starting 40ish GDTs on the College Hockey Circuit. We all knew this was going to be a transitional year for him and I think he's adapted better than expected. Lest we not forget the burnout that happened to 26CB (in fairness, I would have jumped off a building after starting so many hopeless threads during the midst of the uber-tank era).

Oh those college kids, what wusses, wasn't the Christmas break good enough to revive him??? Hopefully he works on his gdt's in the offseason and he'll be ready to be better than ever next year.

Agreed with Liger, too. Nelson looked great last night. What do people project him to be?

Idk what to make of him yet. He's turning 24 so a normal prospect I'd say this is their ceiling. Nelson could be an AHL guy or a top 4 guy, depends on how he adapts and how much he grows.

Damn, that's harsh! It's a GDT, not the Declaration of Independence. 

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing in invariably the same object, evinced a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such GDT and to provide new gaurds for their future security.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing in invariably the same object, evinced a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such GDT and to provide new gaurds for their future security.

I'm confused. Does this make me King George?

Dang, I thought the LOL gave it away as a joke. I'll work harder on my delivery next time. I promise. I thought it was a nice complement to WC also by the way, who makes those things as entertaining as possible.

Dang, I thought the LOL gave it away as a joke. I'll work harder on my delivery next time. I promise. I thought it was a nice complement to WC also by the way, who makes those things as entertaining as possible.

Well, in actuality WC started going through the motions after it was apparent the Sabres weren't going to make the playoffs. At this point in the season everybody is playing for a job. Not sure I want somebody who mails it in after the season is over. :D

Nice!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.