Fasching Signs ELC with Buffalo

Brawndo

I got bloodied? Hehehehehehehe. Daniel Day Lewis couldn't make that look good.

I love Ewan McGregor's interviews from the prequels. The phrase "It's a nightmare." came up more than once.

I thought McGregor was really good in the prequels, and Neeson was solid in the 1st. If anything with Jackson, I thought he was miscast more than bad.

Liam Neeson is so good. He makes such brutally terrible writing sound almost passable. Like when he's the main character's dad in fallout 3: Dumbest. Guy. Ever. But it's Liam Neeson and he's telling me he loves me! I can live with this.

Nono, Qwk's argument was Hayden's acting was because of Lucas' directing. Lucas of course bears a larger share of the blame for the overall movies.

Well having seen Hayden in Jumper, I can firmly say the guy sucks at acting. He played the exact same character in Jumper as he did in Star Wars.

Sam Jackson can play one role and one role only. Casting him was just a terrible idea. I don't like Natalie Portman (as an actress, other than that she's a smoking hot genius), but I did like McGregor a lot. Neeson? Again, he can only play one role. He was okay, but not who I would have liked in that role. Still, the role itself sucked, so there's that.

Well having seen Hayden in Jumper, I can firmly say the guy sucks at acting. He played the exact same character in Jumper as he did in Star Wars.

Sam Jackson can play one role and one role only. Casting him was just a terrible idea. I don't like Natalie Portman (as an actress, other than that she's a smoking hot genius), but I did like McGregor a lot. Neeson? Again, he can only play one role. He was okay, but not who I would have liked in that role. Still, the role itself sucked, so there's that.

if you enter this thread for the first time and this is the first thing you read ... you double check the thread title :D :D :D :D :D

Have you seen much of Nelson's older work? His Taken days to now are not representative of his acting capabilities.

Love McGregor in almost all his roles but Star Wars is not near the top of the list. Obviously, Trainspotting is nuts. Anyone looking for a great movie. Check out Rogue Trader. Unbelievable.

I watched that movie for an intro to speculative markets class in college. If I remember right it was based on a true story and McGregor's character bankrupted the bank that financed the Louisiana Purchase. Another good stock type movie is Boiler Room. It has the creepy dancer/bear kidnapper from Ted as the main character.

Neeson only plays one role? He's been in lots of different roles.

Sam Jackson? There's an intense guy who yells a lot. Lets cast him as a boring guy who never emotes. /LucasThoughts

I would say that Schindler's List is a little different than Taken. I agree with your assessment of Sam Jackson but not with Natalie Portman (except the smoking hot genius part). 

What's not to love about her?

Edited by IrwinNelson

I thought McGregor was really good in the prequels, and Neeson was solid in the 1st. If anything with Jackson, I thought he was miscast more than bad. 

From what I heard Neeson signed for Episode 1 w/out even reading the script. Just wanted to be a part of Star Wars and felt it'd deliver much like the original trilogy. 

I'm all for thread diversions, but, after a multi-day absence, this is sort of over the top.

What's up with Fasching?

I thought he looked better last night after two games where he wasn't quite as good. I'm curious to see how he plays against NJ on the 5th and CBJ on the 8th. He'll be better rested for both of those games.

I'm all for thread diversions, but, after a multi-day absence, this is sort of over the top.

What's up with Fasching?

I thought he looked good. He is definitely not afraid to shoot. He maybe could have used his teammate on one of those last night but at least he hits the net (mostly). Didn't look out of place at all and even drew a penalty.

Love McGregor in almost all his roles but Star Wars is not near the top of the list. Obviously, Trainspotting is nuts. Anyone looking for a great movie. Check out Rogue Trader. Unbelievable.

Just got done watching Trainspotting. It really is a good movie. I can't believe it's 20 years old.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.