Fasching Signs ELC with Buffalo

Brawndo

Nice thanks for that. Is it October yet?

I know, right?

With the addition of Fasching, the Sabres acquire not only chemistry, but magic.  Just think, GMTM will probably further upgrade the team over the summer.  This team could be scary good before too long.

Can anyone think of a single good reason not to let Fasching play in the top-6 the rest of the way? I want an extended look.

Nope. I know it's a bit of a logical stretch for me to make but, the better Fasching plays, the less interested I get in signing Stamkos this off-season. The closer I am to being on board with your argument of focusing this off-season primarily on the D. I always knew D was where we needed the most improvement, but then the idea of Stamkos took precedence for me for a while, but I'm swinging the other way now, I think.

Is it crazy to think we may already have our top 6 in O'Reilly, Reinhart, Eichel, Fasching, Kane, and Girgensons? Ennis could potentially factor in there as well. Maybe a small upgrade from GMTM at forward for the top 6, but the focus generally on the D for improvement? I guess we shall see.

In any event, just one game, but Fasching looked like he belongs.

Can anyone think of a single good reason not to let Fasching play in the top-6 the rest of the way? I want an extended look.

I sure hope he stays up with ROR and Kane. It will be an excellent learning experience. I think poor defensive play or a few bad d-zone decisions would be the only reasons he may get relegated to the bottom six. He had a nice first game but it was against a terrible Jets team. Let's see how he handles a quality team.

I'm excited for the future. The young guys have certainly put this team on their backs. Sam is just amazing. His ability to pass is unreal. Eichel is such a gifted scorer. He needs to shoot more. His 50 points has me grinning from ear to ear.

Something, something, something, He has not earned it. Something, something, something. 

Bylsma the Tinkerer will probably move Fasch around a bit.  The thought of a third line consisting of Foligno, Larsson and Fasching is intriguing and it's probably worth it to find out if there's any chemistry there.  It may help guide GMTM's strategy for off-season acquisitions.  There's still a chance of Auston Matthews.  Maybe Fasch fills out a hammering third line while Matthews receives dishes from ROR.

On the other hand, Bylsma was clearly, clearly impressed with Fasching.  He may give him his chance to prove he belongs on a top line.

One other thing unrelated to Fasching:  Does Eichel look and sound more mature than he did even a half dozen games ago?

Bylsma the Tinkerer will probably move Fasch around a bit.  The thought of a third line consisting of Foligno, Larsson and Fasching is intriguing and it's probably worth it to find out if there's any chemistry there.  It may help guide GMTM's strategy for off-season acquisitions.  There's still a chance of Auston Matthews.  Maybe Fasch fills out a hammering third line while Matthews receives dishes from ROR.

On the other hand, Bylsma was clearly, clearly impressed with Fasching.  He may give him his chance to prove he belongs on a top line.

One other thing unrelated to Fasching:  Does Eichel look and sound more mature than he did even a half dozen games ago?

Yes. But his message is still team, team goals, team success. He and Samson are the real deal when it comes to what you want to build around.

Yessssss Thorny, come to the dark side

I like to think of us as the light side. Stamkos has the name, the pedigree, the goals...all the flashy stuff the dark side always spouts when recruiting young, impressionistic force users.

So Steven Stamkos is Hayden Christensen?

His idea of furious = Hayden Christiansen. For a split second I felt like I was watching Revenge of the Sith. Right before he and Obi-Wan go at it. lol This is not a compliment. Let me add I still like the prequel trilogy. Just appreciate it for what it is. 

His idea of furious = Hayden Christiansen. For a split second I felt like I was watching Revenge of the Sith. Right before he and Obi-Wan go at it. lol This is not a compliment. Let me add I still like the prequel trilogy. Just appreciate it for what it is. 

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!! /emotional acting

If you keep making fun of his horrible acting Qwk will show up to be an apologist and blame everything on George Lucas. I had that debate once and left him bloodied, I really don't want to have to do it again.

Well, they both sucked the soul out of that movie. Though Lucas is by far more responsible. Basic plot line structures aren't the fault of the actors

Well, they both sucked the soul out of that movie. Though Lucas is by far more responsible. Basic plot line structures aren't the fault of the actors

Nono, Qwk's argument was Hayden's acting was because of Lucas' directing. Lucas of course bears a larger share of the blame for the overall movies.

If you keep making fun of his horrible acting Qwk will show up to be an apologist and blame everything on George Lucas. I had that debate once and left him bloodied, I really don't want to have to do it again.

No, Hayden Christensen is definitely a terrible actor. Where the line does get blurred is that the acting across the board in the prequel trilogy is awful, and there are some good actors populating the roles. Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Sam Jackson. Normally solid thespians who are undone for numerous reasons, one of them being laughable dialogue. (Then again, the acting in the original trilogy isn't very good either.....yes, I said it. ("BUT I WAS GOING INTO TOSCHE STATION TO PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTERS!!!").......still love the original trilogy)

But Hayden isn't off the hook. He's above and beyond bad, too much so for it to be just Lucas. He's also bad in every one of his other roles.

Edited by Thorny

No, Hayden Christensen is definitely a terrible actor. Where the line does get blurred is that the acting across the board in the prequel trilogy is awful, and there are some good actors populating the roles. Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Sam Jackson. Normally solid thespians who are undone for numerous reasons, one of them being laughable dialogue. (Then again, the acting in the original trilogy isn't very good either.....yes, I said it. ("BUT I WAS GOING INTO TOSCHE STATION TO PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTERS!!!".......still love the original trilogy)

I thought McGregor was really good in the prequels, and Neeson was solid in the 1st. If anything with Jackson, I thought he was miscast more than bad. 

I thought McGregor was really good in the prequels, and Neeson was solid in the 1st. If anything with Jackson, I thought he was miscast more than bad. 

You are right on Neeson, he was good. McDiarmid was good, too. Have to disagree on McGregor, Actually, no, he was okay in Phantom and Clones. For being the best reviewed of the 3, Sith really has the most ridiculous performances. Did not like McGregor's work in that one. The dialogue can be put on Lucas though.

Obi Wan literally says the line "Only a Sith speaks in absolutes". Okay, isn't that sentence an absolute? So Obi Wan is a Sith...right.

Anways, I'm getting off topic. Hudson Fasching will be fine, with the force.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.