GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-18-2016

WildCard

For the record (and those that didn't see the game) before this becomes LucicMiller2, Neil never had another shift.  I was surprised our D never showed up to step in though (unsure who was on ice).  And agree re: call for suspension, complete piece of garbage play.  TSN guy "Neil making sure Eichel knows he's gonna pay a price for going hard to the net".  This, as he's on his knees, after the whistle, no where near the goaltender (never was) and defenseless.  Too bad we don't get them again this year.

Also TSN "Sabres continue their late season surge" as the game closed.  Winning 4 of 10 is surge?  They do look good though.  Next year is gonna be awesome.

Has anybody ever hit or beat up Neil really good? Why does it feel like this guy always gets away with his BS? 

When a true heavy weight is on the ice Neil behaves himself.  He was meek when we had John Scott and Andrew Peters.  D-Lo had a crack at him last game and wasn't up to beating him, so Neil has his green light now.   It's the way it's always been with Neil.  If he knows there isn't an answer, he'll play his games.  And right now, the best answer we've got isn't good enough.  we can expect this until Neil hangs them up unfortunately.

Man, I hate that .

When a true heavy weight is on the ice Neil behaves himself.  He was meek when we had John Scott and Andrew Peters.  D-Lo had a crack at him last game and wasn't up to beating him, so Neil has his green light now.   It's the way it's always been with Neil.  If he knows there isn't an answer, he'll play his ###### games.  And right now, the best answer we've got isn't good enough.  we can expect this until Neil hangs them up unfortunately.

Man, I hate that ######.

If we had Neil we would love him to no end. He is smart as . I think Kane is the answer to him. Hope we find out.

What a great game, BTW.

Has anybody ever hit or beat up Neil really good? Why does it feel like this guy always gets away with his BS? 

Colton Orr gave it to him pretty good! This is a heavyweight fight. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100534

Same thing with Shawn Thornton. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109389

God I miss real hockey..............................  :(

When a true heavy weight is on the ice Neil behaves himself.  He was meek when we had John Scott and Andrew Peters.  D-Lo had a crack at him last game and wasn't up to beating him, so Neil has his green light now.   It's the way it's always been with Neil.  If he knows there isn't an answer, he'll play his ###### games.  And right now, the best answer we've got isn't good enough.  we can expect this until Neil hangs them up unfortunately.

Man, I hate that ######.

Kane would destroy him in a fight. Hopefully they get a chance to drop 'em.

Great game tonight, good performance all around.

If we had Neil we would love him to no end. He is smart as ######. I think Kane is the answer to him. Hope we find out.

What a great game, BTW.

Pretty much. The outrage over Neil always seems manufactured. Allow me to channel my inner Swamp: the business Neil gave Eichel seems like run of the mill "welcome to the NHL, rook" stuff.

You mean fightsey?

If we had Neil we would love him to no end. He is smart as ######. I think Kane is the answer to him. Hope we find out.

What a great game, BTW.

Absolutely I would love him on my team.  Hate him as an opponent.

I think so too. Did anybody spot Kane standing up for Gorges? As soon as Kane gave him the stare, Neil skated away. 

NFW Neil is in any way intimidated by Kane. 

Kane would destroy him in a fight. Hopefully they get a chance to drop 'em.

Put down the pipe.  You've had enough.

Pretty much. The outrage over Neil always seems manufactured. Allow me to channel my inner Swamp: the business Neil gave Eichel seems like run of the mill "welcome to the NHL, rook" stuff.

Very true.  Alot of the emotion is leftover from Drury.

Like I said, heavies.

What a great game, BTW.

Neil tales more penalties than he draws. That's smart?

And yeah, Kane would smoke Neil in a fight. Maybe not 26 year old Neil, but now? He'd be toast.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Neil tales more penalties than he draws. That's smart?

And yeah, Kane would smoke Neil in a fight. Maybe not 26 year old Neil, but now? He'd be toast.

Neil's only real loss this year came to an up and coming big fighter, Patrick Maroon, a 6'4" 225 tough guy.  And he dismantled Deslaurier earlier this season.  Neil still fights the big guys.  I'd be damned shocked if Evander beat Neil.  Neil is damned smart with the gloves off.

What a great game, BTW.

Wrong. I don't want a guy who's main contribution is playing dirty and someone who takes more penalties than he draws on my team. There are plenty of guys who play a clean tough game. There is a place for Neil in the NHL, but I never want that place to be on my team. Kane will definitely have words for him when they play again. As will Foligno I'm assuming.

You mean fightsey?

I don't think it's manufactured. He has a face made for punching and I hate him, but only because he plays for a team I hate and always seems to get the better our guys (something that didn't happen last night).

If you don't hate Neil - ###### HATE him - then we can't be friends.

Oh, thank God, we can be friends.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.