Anyone ever have a Nanaimo bar ? Technically it prolly ain't a cake but if its sweet and cut into squares I consider it a cake. It was invented here in Nanaimo and is absofrickinlutely delicious. Look it up.

You should know a thing, or two, about those bars, my friend ... 

=====

On the subject of not cakes ...

My wife's fig (that's right Croatian figs) squares ... oh man, they make me want to merry her all over again.

My wife's fig (that's right Croatian figs) squares ... oh man, they make me want to merry her all over again.

Can we say that here?  I mean, whoo boy, I'm all sweaty after reading that.

Can we say that here?  I mean, whoo boy, I'm all sweaty after reading that.

:flirt:

I just looked up Croatian fig in the Urban Dictionary. Nothin' yet.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Croatian+figs&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZyZ7gnarLAhUomoMKHT7AB40QsAQIIw&dpr=1

Holy ######!  Where've you been?

He's been living, dammit! Living! He got out of this shithole.

Only 476 posts? Surprising.

You're in the wrong thread. Saul is being discussed elsewhere.

Holy ######!  Where've you been?

haha.  The last few years of Darcy put me down hard.   Then the tank... ya know.   

Realistically i'd have to say a mixture of getting married, divorced, married again, add 2 kids, plus work = way less time on sabres space.  Plus, El Crusho moved out of Buffalo.  I figured after that there was no hope in going on.   j/k.  

haha.  The last few years of Darcy put me down hard.   Then the tank... ya know.   

Realistically i'd have to say a mixture of getting married, divorced, married again, add 2 kids, plus work = way less time on sabres space.  Plus, El Crusho moved out of Buffalo.  I figured after that there was no hope in going on.   j/k.  

That's right. You were quite taken by his large silver cup.

Everytime i see one of those highlights from 05-06 El Crusho is front and center.  Hilarious.  

I don't know about you guys, those two seasons 2005-2006 & the year after are tremendously bittersweet for me.   All the potential and then utter mismanagement.   It took 6 years after that to fire Darcy... Just ridiculous.  I'm surprised I still care and am still a fan.   I made a quote yesterday comparing an earlier time in my life to today and it was "things come and go, but the Sabres are always there"   I don't know if thats sad or not.  Feels sad.  haha. 

Edited by fushetti

This was a snow storm creation a couple years ago, it's certainly not pretty but damn was it good: 7-layer pancake-cake with cream cheese frosting and maple syrup. (Cream cheese frosting is super easy to make if you have a food processor, BTW, just some cream cheese and powdered sugar):

post-1315-0-65922000-1457383996_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie

This was a snow storm creation a couple years ago, it's certainly not pretty but damn was it good: 7-layer pancake-cake with cream cheese frosting and maple syrup. (Cream cheese frosting is super easy to make if you have a food processor, BTW, just some cream cheese and powdered sugar):

I'm impressed you're still alive to share this with us.

I want you and MODO to go head to head on pancakes.  Holy .

Hmm.  Pancake Day is supposed to be on Fat Tuesday -- so it already happened four weeks ago.  http://www.calendarpedia.com/when-is/pancake-day.html

Looks like IHOP took matters into their own hands and changed it to today?  Harrumph.

I have absolutely no problems with multiple pancake days.  B-) 

Somebody help me with Sizzle's cake. The second part is making the topping, mixing in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, etc...... The only direction it gives is "combine topping ingredients with a pastry cutter until crumbly". Does the mixture turn out somewhat hard and can be broken up into pieces with a cutter? Do you lay it out like dough and cut it into pieces? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.