TRADE: Jamie McGinn traded to Anaheim

Hoss

McGinn's stats were decent due to him getting PP time, which he would get less of if Ennis were around. He may have been on there to inflate the stats for a better return. Foligno or Bailey would pot as many goals play in that role on the PP.

Bottom line, we got something for a guy that had one foot out the door. If GMTM wanted him, he would've kept him.

So why hasn't he?

Jamie who. Just another guy, as has been repeated here countless times. Gives more opportunity for a young guy to impress. We won't miss him at all. 

I'm pretty sure Jack will get over it somehow. 

GO SABRES!!!

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.

You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,

provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.

You bought hockey sticks to punish your ma,

And you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool,

So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean center.

He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.

So welcome to the machine.

Foligno hasn't scored as many goals because McGinn was getting the PP duty.

Seriously, I like McGinn but he was going and is replaceable.

We're not the only sellers here folks.

Foligno hasn't scored as many because he is a 4th line player.

They are all replaceable, I'm not sure what the point is.

I don't care how many sellers there were.  I only care that the Sabres were sellers.

Foligno hasn't scored as many because he is a 4th line player.

They are all replaceable, I'm not sure what the point is.

I don't care how many sellers there were.  I only care that the Sabres were sellers.

Difference is, Foligno is a FAR better 4th liner than McGinn is a 1st or 2nd liner. 

GO SABRES!!!

McGinn's stats were decent due to him getting PP time, which he would get less of if Ennis were around. He may have been on there to inflate the stats for a better return. Foligno or Bailey would pot as many goals play in that role on the PP.

Bottom line, we got something for a guy that had one foot out the door. If GMTM wanted him, he would've kept him.

Foligno hasn't scored as many goals because McGinn was getting the PP duty.

Seriously, I like McGinn but he was going and is replaceable.

We're not the only sellers here folks.

Well he had 3 PPG's before Ennis got hurt, and 3 PPG's after Ennis got hurt......... soooooo..............

...really??

Yes, really.

Ah, poor widdow Jacky Boy just wost his widdow fwiend Jamie. 

GO SABRES!!!

I confess to laughing too loud for this.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Eichel11/status/704467271897505794 

Tweet says: "Going to miss seeing you everyday Jimbo. Thanks for all the good times, best of luck in Anaheim."

With this picture:

CcbFP2nXEAETxDv.jpg

Sizzle seems to be right on with his analysis of Jack's personality.

I missed it. What is Sizzle's analysis?

Nobody was being confrontational...

It's not just you, but perhaps you have noticed that this is the way millennials handle differing opinions nationwide. It's an easy dynamic to grasp: if you present a certain percentage of the millennial population with a POV different than theirs, the only way they know how to handle it is if you had picked a fight with them. This phenom has been all over the news for the past year.

I confess to laughing too loud for this.

I missed it. What is Sizzle's analysis?

He's here, so I'm sure he'd sum it up better than I

It's not just you, but perhaps you have noticed that this is the way millennials handle differing opinions nationwide. It's an easy dynamic to grasp: if you present a certain percentage of the millennial population with a POV different than theirs, the only way they know how to handle it is if you had picked a fight with them. This phenom has been all over the news for the past year.

Hey you big jerk, I'm a millennial and I don't do this, so shove it! :P 

I don't mean to create work for you but PA was asking about your theories on Jack, care to summarize so I don't screw up?

Can we knock off this bs where we label literally hundreds of millions of people from a vast array of wildly different socioeconomic backgrounds in an attempt to conveniently simplify what we disagree with? Seriously this millennial crap is beyond annoying Edited by WildCard

What is your opinion of the trade?

Can we knock off this bs where we label literally hundreds of millions of people from a vast array of wildly different socioeconomic backgrounds in an attempt to conveniently simplify what we disagree with? Seriously this millennial crap is beyond annoying

Swell.  Now he can be out of his proper spot on the roster too.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. DD is too hell bent on rewarding good play with promotions to top lines. I say, let Bailey skate with talented wingers and let him figure it out.  Foligno where he is, which, right now is on that 3rd line with Larsson and Gionta. 

GO SABRES!!!

Unfortunately, I think you're right. DD is too hell bent on rewarding good play with promotions to top lines. I say, let Bailey skate with talented wingers and let him figure it out. Foligno where he is, which, right now is on that 3rd line with Larsson and Gionta.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm not sure we can blame DD for missing his top center and having only 2 of his wingers playing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.