GDT: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo, 12:30 pm est, 2-21-2016

WildCard

But he also gave us the Hobbit movies...

1) Much worse source material

2) I think the studio shares a lot of blame

And then he remade King Kong and undid all the good he had ever done.

Botching a remake doesn't even come close to undoing the goodwill he built up from the LotR.

Some of us don't view this as a positive

Yea, but you also love Mike Weber :p

2) I think the studio shares a lot of blame

Botching a remake doesn't even come close to undoing the goodwill he built up from the LotR.

Yea, but you also love Mike Weber :p

I had the Clerks 2 LotR vs Star Wars rant all loaded up but I figured I'd get a ban for posting it.

True Blue terrible adaption apologism!

And do you really think Peter flippin' Jackson didn't have the final say on how many movies they made? The genius who made LOTR had to answer to his studio? Yeah right.

And: I love Jackson's King Kong. What a nerdy labor of love.

Edited by qwksndmonster

No. New Zealand gave us Peter Jackson, who gave us the LotR movies. Unhateable country.

Can I hate him cause he can grow an awesome beard the likes of which I can't even come close to matching?

But he also gave us the Hobbit movies...

They aren't that bad!!

And do you really think Peter flippin' Jackson didn't have the final say on how many movies they made? The genius who made LOTR had to answer to his studio? Yeah right.

Precisely how I would sum up my feelings about The Hobbit movies.

Thorny, you're killing me. Have you read 'The Hobbit'??? Hell, I can even take him changing it a bit, but there is literally not one redeeming quality about that movie. Well, there's the guy who plays Bilbo, and that's about it

Haha, that's the beauty of film, two people can watch the exact same movie and come away from it with different opinion! I like the Hobbit movies for their acting, the character moments, the links to LOTR, and yes, even some of the action set-pieces. New Zealand is on full display throughout and is as beautiful as ever. The score is also amazing.

The Hobbit movies don't hold a candle to LOTR, for a myriad of reasons. But to me they don't have to, as their existence doesn't take anything away from the masterpiece that is LOTR. The simply exist as a lesser, but still enjoyable (for me) prequel trilogy.

I just re-read the series last month. The Hobbit is so far from LotR in quality it's really hard to fathom. And while Jackson may have had final say, if you don't think he was facing significant downward pressure you're nuts.

I didn't hate King Kong, but it was decidedly meh.

The cross checking penalty on Eichel, which almost immediately led to Pitt's 2nd goal, was a load of . Hagelin pulled a douche bag move by swinging his stick into Lehner's chest after a save. I was happy to see 15 go after him and didn't think what he did deserved a penalty. 

The cross checking penalty on Eichel, which almost immediately led to Pitt's 2nd goal, was a load of ######. Hagelin pulled a douche bag move by swinging his stick into Lehner's chest after a save. I was happy to see 15 go after him and didn't think what he did deserved a penalty. 

Hagelin was swinging his stick at McGinn, who had been nutmegging him with his own stick.

Hagelin was swinging his stick at McGinn, who had been nutmegging him with his own stick.

I saw that play the way elroy did - looked like a dangerous attempt to dislodge the puck from Lehner's mid-section (where it was being absorbed for a face-off). I shared Eichel's evident dismay at the call, but was also glad to see him lay some lumber on the guy after he took liberties with the goalie.

Ah, I missed that part. He definitely backhanded Lehner directly in the chest. Considering how much pushing and shoving goes of when guys just skate up to goalies, I thought the penalty on Jack was a call. 

Ah, I missed that part. He definitely backhanded Lehner directly in the chest. Considering how much pushing and shoving goes of when guys just skate up to goalies, I thought the penalty on Jack was a ###### call. 

Yeah, he hit Lehner, but I think he was pissed off at McGinn.  I know I would have been.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.